Souffles and Smiles

A/N hello again! so my grandma and grandad are round because my mum and dad are out at their work do's which means I'm very bored, leading me here! Most things tend to lead me here... anyway enjoy the chapter!!

"So," started Matt once he and Clara were both sat down and thoroughly enjoying their meals. "Where exactly are you from?" A saddened look filled Clara's eyes, which Matt noticed. "Oh, sorry, if you don't want to talk about it-"

"I-it's fine. I'm from a planet called Gallifrey, but it's gone now. Destroyed in a war against the Daleks." Matt looked puzzled.

"Daleks?"

"You've never heard of the Daleks?" asked a very surprised Clara.

"Should I have? Anyway, I haven't, so what are they?" Clara's look of shock suddenly turned to anger.

"Daleks," she spat, "Are bubbling lumps of hatred, encased in a metal armour/life support machine. Their only goal is to be the supreme rulers of the universe."

"Oh. They sound pretty bad." Clara let out a bitter laugh.

"Yeah." In an attempt to change the subject, Matt stood up. 

"Would you care to see the desserts, ma'am?" he asked in a posh tone.

"Why, that would be delightful!" Clara answered in the same tone.

"Well," Matt carried on, "We have soufflé, or soufflé! Which would you like?" Clara mockingly furrowed her brow in decision.

"Hmmm.... I think I'll have the sou- no, wait, yes, I'll have the soufflé!" Matt bowed and backed away.

"Excellent choice madame, excellent choice." he walked off leaving Clara laughing to herself, then came back a minute later carrying two soufflés that looked perfectly baked.

"Wow. I've never seen a better looking soufflé, and I've been around most of space and time!"

"Wait, you been around space and time?"

"Did I not say that?" Matt looked rather shocked.

"No! You didn't!"

"Oh." A huge smile emerged on Matt's face.

"That is AMAZING!! I mean, travelling in space, yeah, that's cool, but TIME! I mean it's-"

"Easy tiger!" laughed Clara, "I'll take you for a spin later if you like!" Judging by the big gappy smile on Matt's face, Clara took that as a yes. "Right, we'll go tomorrow then." she said. After that, they both ate their soufflés, talking about places that would be good to visit - not places on present Earth, of course. Once they'd finished Matt cleaned up, despite Clara's insistence of helping, then he sat down next to Clara on the sofa and turned on the TV.

"Oh, I love this movie!" Matt cried as 'Love Actually' came on. "Although it's on for quite a while." he continued.

"Well we better get comfy then!" Clara said whilst snuggling up to Matt. During the movie, Matt kept moving his arm on the sofa above Clara, contemplating whether or not he should put his arm on her shoulder. Just do it! he told himself, Stop being such a wimp! Eventually, he put his arm around her shoulder, but then moved away quickly. Before he could shoot to the other side of the sofa, Clara grabbed his arm and put it back around her shoulder.

"It took you most of the movie to do that, so it might as well pay off!" Matt's face immediately went red.

"H-how would it p-pay off?" he asked timidly.

"Like this." Clara pulled him closer and kissed him passionately. After flailing his arms around a bit, Matt eventually put his hands on Clara's waist. Suddenly, music started playing as the credits rolled on the TV screen. Clearly Matt and Clara hadn't realised how long they'd been kissing. Clara had her head on Matt's chest, listening to his rapid breathing. She was smiling at how flushed he'd become. After a lot of listening to each others breathing, Matt spoke up.

"B-by the way, I forgot to tell you.." Clara got and turned to face him.

"What?"

"Erm, I only have one bedroom." Clara smirked.

"Well then, we'll have to... make do. As long as you don't poke my eye out with that chin, chin boy!" Matt laughed.

"Oh, Clara, you are an impossible girl. My impossible girl."

*--*

After a long night, Clara woke up with her arms wrapped around Matt.

"Wakey wakey, chin boy." Matt answered in a series of groans and grunts. Sighing, Clara pushed him off the bed. He immediately jumped up.

"What did you do that for?" he cried.

"I told you to get up!" Clara teased while getting up herself. Matt, who was just in his boxers, went into the bathroom to get his dressing gown. He walked downstairs where Clara was sat by the breakfast bar expectantly.

"Oh, you want me to make you breakfast, do you?" Matt asked cockily.

"An english breakfast would be nice." she replied smoothly. Rolling his eyes, Matt walked over to the counter and started making breakfast.

"So," he said whilst making the full english, "Where are we going then? In your magic blue box?

"Anywhere you want. All of time and space. What do you want to see?" Matt knitted his eyebrows together, lost in thought.

"I want to see... something awesome."