Chapter 14: Angel's Blood

Coney begins to wake up and looks up. She sees Elijah was already up. "You're staring," Coney says, snuggling closer to him.

"How can I not stare when I'm looking at perfection," Elijah says, his voice low, making Coney moan.

"Hm, same to you," Coney moans out. Elijah chuckles deeply. She kisses up his stomach and chest. She kisses up his collar and neck. She kisses up his jaw and eventually reaches his lips. She kisses him, savoring every touch, with a slow passionate kiss. She gets up on top of him and straddles him. He moves down to her neck and nips at it, making her run her hands through his hair. She brings his face up to hers and kisses him. She ends up having to pull back. "Although I love this, I had all the fun last night," She whispers against his lips and falls onto his chest, making him let out a sigh of frustration. He looks down at her, surprised, a smile on his face, and Coney just looks up at him innocently. He chuckles and kisses her hair. "What was it like here in the twenties?" Coney asks out of the blue.

"It was a bloody time, but one of my favorites," Elijah says, looking down at Coney.

"What were the witches like?" Coney asks and Elijah chuckles.

"Do you want to see?" He asks. Coney nods her head and is transported into the past.

%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%

Two men enter the room and join Elijah and a police officer, who are seated at a table. "Gentlemen, make yourselves at home. Mayor O'Connell appears to be running late, but there's much to discuss, so I shall begin," Elijah says.

Klaus walks down the stairs to join them and says, "One moment, please, brother. You know how much I enjoy these illicit, little gatherings."

Elijah, to the men, says, "Do not be troubled. Despite my brother's reputation, I can assure you, we've invited you here to broker in peace. You have my word."

"And, lucky for you, my brother always keeps his word. You two are from the Guerrera crime family, a brutish pack of thieves and killers. And that's nothing compared to what you become on a full moon, is it?" Klaus asks and Elijah shakes his head.

Elijah: Yes, yes, yes. Of course, a bite from your kind is not lethal to an Original. Conflict between us would not end well for you at all. Let's state our proposal here. My brother and I control the ports of the city, but with Prohibition soon to be the law of the land, there'll be a certain uptick in the kind of federal presence we prefer to avoid. Therefore, I'd like to suggest a system whereby, under our supervision, of course, the Guerrera family can traffic alcohol into the city of New Orleans for a profit. We would still be in charge, but our rule would remain a secret," Elijah offers.

A man walks into the room with two other younger men following behind him.

"This all sounds very good, but tell me, how will it benefit the witches?" The older man asks.

"I am sorry. This is a private meeting," Elijah says.

"Yes, for kings of the city. But I, too, am a king, and I have rules," The older man says.

"I'm impressed. You're either quite ambitious or quite mad. What's your name, mate?" Klaus asks.

"I am Alphonse Bellatunde Delgado. Papa Tunde to my followers, and I come to ask that the witches be granted fair tribute for allowing your existence in our city," Papa Tunde says.

"Are you suggesting that you speak for the French Quarter witches?" Elijah asks.

"I do now, and I expect our future negotiations to go very smoothly. As a guarantee, I brought a gift. I await our next gathering," Papa Tunde says. His twins place a medium-sized leather case onto their table before they leave with Papa Tunde. Everyone else gathers around and watches as Klaus lifts the lid on the case. Inside is a the severed head of Mayor O'Connell, whose forehead has a magical symbol carved into it.