Prologue:

Everything was covered in pure black. From the forest floor to the surrounding plantations around her. The only source of light was the ever faint glimmer of the crazed looking moon high above the starless night sky. The scent of freshly watered earth filled the entire space around the small black haired girl. It smelt sweet and homey almost. Warm and welcoming. She took a deep breath, wishing she could stay in this peaceful utopia forever.

     The low chirping and humming of the crickets, hidden and nearby, lulled her only further into the relaxed state she already was in. The she heard it...

     A twig breaking. A branch cracking against the back of a tree. A high taunting cackle. And a young girl's scream...

     Her black eyes flew open as she painfully turned her head to her left side. Everything was a wretched blur. Her head pounding tirelessly as if it might explode at any moment. A warm liquid covered half of her face and she could no longer feel her right arm anymore.

     Not too far from her stood a large black figure. The attacker had their back to her and all she could see was the blinding bleach blond hair that messily cascaded down their back. Their spotted and wrinkled arms held high above their heads. Grasping someone tightly in their hold.

     The wounded girl's eyes widened in shock and anger as everything finally focused. She could finally see what the warm liquid was, her own blood. When her eyes travelled back to who the attacker was holding in their grasp. Her eyes stung as cold tears ran down her face, mixing with the blood. A scream of horror and anger was lodged in her throat as her body trembled with anger pouring out of every pore.

     The young brunnette struggled weakly, her eyes clenched tightly. Her whimpers and screams of pain already just a low yelp. Her breathing slowing down only more and more by the second.

     'No! Stop that!!' she yelled, but nothing came out.

     A sharp ringing rang in her ear. Everything went pitch black once again. Her voice echoing off in the distance.

================================================================================

A.N.:

-Sorry that the prologue is so short compared to my other stories! I just want to leave you all wanting more and sit at the end of your chairs until your butts hurts (jk, not really). Anyways once again, this is another story I will be trying to upload a new chapter once a month. Obviously I don't own any of the characters of Soul Eater but I do own my own characters though. And just so you all know this is a remake of my very first story/fanfic that I never got the chance to finish since it got too hectic and out of control so I thought I'd try it again and change some things so it makes even more sense now.

Hope you enjoy it!!

     ~A.D.