Chapter 3- The Aftermath (Part II)

A/N yall probably forgot I existed but hello! Please don't murder me for not updating in possibly a year? Two?
Briar's POV
"Honourable young man aye Annie?" Myles stands in my hallway, smirking at me.
"First of all, no, you're scum. And secondly, don't take the piss out of my middle name." I huff, this boy could seriously aggravate me.
"You're incredibly hot when you're angry." He takes a step closer to me but I back away and remind him that my mom was only in the kitchen, before slipping upstairs.
I change into something less revealing; an autumnal style jumper and faded jeans- I don't want Myles doing or saying something dodgy infront of my mother. I clean myself up; replenishing make up and brushing knots out of my hair, I did look pretty rough after last nights events. When I felt I looked more suitable, I made my way downstairs and to the lounge. To my surprise I see Myles and my mom laughing at something the boy has just said, they notice me walk in and Myles makes sure the only available seat is next to him. I sigh and plop down onto the sofa beside my one night stand just as my mom says:
"Briar.. How did you find such a witty friend? Myles is a real charmer."
"Thank you ma'am." He smirks, carefully sipping on his tea.

I honestly don't think my eyes could've rolled further back into my head.

"You look lovely by the way Briar." Myles flashes his eyes at me. I mutter a thanks ungratefully and zone out as Myles and my mom make conversation.
"So you're back in Toronto now? That's  brilliant. Briar sure is lucky to have such a good friend, I really do appreciate you looking after her in her time of need." The conversation suddenly directs to me when my mother asks me about what happened last night.

I explained to my mom that Devon had cheated on me with my best friend- she needed to know after all so she wouldn't let either of them come into the house. She sighs before doing a speech about how she 'knew both of them were bad people', sure mom. Of course you did.
"Well! If Myles helped you out I think he deserves to be re payed!" My mom declares.
I give Myles a look and he smirks. I enquire what she means and then she said some dreaded words:
"Myles should come round for dinner later and meet dad and Abby!"