12. well then

YN'S POV

After FaceTime with Ray, and I got dressed, I went downstairs to the kitchen to get some eggos. The waffles were pretty good to say they were put in the toaster. Anyway, I washed my hands, of course I got syrup all over them like a 2 year old.

I grabbed the keys and made my way to Juvie. It was a pretty long ride. At one point, I thought Siri quit giving me directions.

I had my John Legend album in. He was giving me life on the way to the detention center.

Cause all of me,

Loves all of you

Love your curves and all your edges

All your perfect imprefections

Give your all to me

I'll give my all to you

You're my end and my beginning

Even when I lose I'm winning

If Ray ever sang this to me I would pass out on sight. As soon as he hit the first note, I would be on the floor. Oh Ray. What is he even doing right now? He probably has rehearsal or something. They are always busy. What would he say if he knew where I was going? He would FLASH out. I just need closure. I need to know why. That's it. Just why.

I got my mind off of that, and practiced what I was going to say. I've dreamed of this day for a long time. I've always planned to curse her out and laugh at her for being behind bars. I would make jokes about her imprisonment. I would laugh at her lack of visitors. I would laugh at the dready orange jumpsuit she had to wear.

I arrived faster than I thought I would. I had already printed my skip off of the computer. I grabbed it and just layed my head back against the head rest. "I should just go home." I said to my reflection. I closed my eyes and sighed. After about a minute of chilling, I opened my eyes again. I HAVE to go.

I opened the door and got out. I walked to the front of the building. I walked in and the security was on point. But, I guess that is one of the many requirements for a detention center. I walked through all of the metal detectors and they checked my purse, and pockets.

I went to the front counter and gave the lady my slip. "Booth 4. She'll be out in a minute."

"Thank you." I rubbed my babies and walked over to the booth.

"Me? I have a visitor?" She happily skipped to the booth, but when she saw me, her face dropped. Then when she saw my pregnant belly, her face nearly hit the floor.

She sat down slowly and just starred at me. I just starred back. I never imagined pass this part. I didn't know what to do. "20 minutes!" The guard yelled.

I motioned toward the phone and she slightly nodded. We both picked up the black telephones and still just looked at each other. The only difference was, this time we heard each other breathe. "Hey." I said.

"You're the reason I am here." She said.

"No. YOU'RE the reason you're here. YOU stabbed me. Remember?" I instantly got heated.

"Yes, I remember. And I am sorry." She looked down. I just sat and looked at her. After an awkward silence, she said, "Do you forgive me?"

I sighed. "I forgave you when I woke up from a coma."

"But, I just apologized today?"

"If I didn't forgive you then, I would never do it. Then I'd take all of my anger out on my husband and my unborn children."

"Husband? Unborn Children?"

"Yes. Ray and I got married as soon as I got released from the hospital. While I was there, they told me if I didn't have children soon, I would never have them. So, we got married right away." I explained.

"Well, congratulations to you both."

"Thank you." Another awkward silence.

"5 minutes!" The guard yelled.

I looked up at Mia, and she started to cry. "What's wrong?"

"You and I. We were in the same boat."

"What do you mean?" I was perplexed.

She breathed loudly. "I was pregnant when I was arrested." What?

"What?!" I almost broke the phone.

"I was pregnant. Don't worry, he didn't cheat on you. I was 2 months pregnant before you even came here. But it seemed like right after Ray and I broke up, you came here and you stole him from me. I needed him."

"Well, what happened to the baby?" I asked. Trying my hardest not to sound Salty.

"I had a miscarriage." I couldn't help but to think it was my fault. All of the fighting and things.

"Oh no!" I was silently happy. She might have had his first pregnancy, but I will have his first children. His first THREE children.

"Time's up." The guard started to walk our way.

"Promise me you'll come back." she said to me.

Ray is already going to kill me once he finds out, so what's another time. He can't kill me twice! He heh. "Sure."

I left the center and walked back to my car. That was eventful. But telling Ray was going to be even more eventful.