10; COOK FOR A FRIEND

Wowwww
Pretty much 13 chapters in two days *self praises*

  ••• 

After the bath, Hotaru wandered back up to her room. Relaxed is what she felt. Relaxed and starving.
With every step she took, a rumble would erupt from her stomach. She merely gave out a much too loud groan mixed with a sigh. "I'm so hungry, darnit," she cursed under her breath and went into her room.
After putting her bag away and changing into a baggy sweater and put on a skirt, she quietly made her way out of the room and tiptoed down the hallway.

But just at that time she was about to turn to the elevators, Ryo spotted her from down the hall after coming out of his room. What a coincidence, he thought and walked towards the elevators. Once he turned the corner, he saw her standing jittery, waiting for the elevator to come.

He stood beside her and she jumped. "Pftfthawlnxdfctvyuhoj why you gotta scare me like that?!" she shouted, her hand holding her heart and she exhaled. "My heart was going to explode, dude."

"Oh," he said slowly, "sorry."

She waved a hand. "It's fine, I guess. What-what are you doing here?"

"I'm hungry," he stated simply as the elevator doors opened.

"Oh, okay. Me too," she said and followed him into it and leaned in the corner, opposite to where he was.

It was silent until he broke the ice. "Were you going to make something?" he asked.

"I don't know," she shrugged nonchalantly. "I was probably going to take something from from whatever fridge I find first."

"Huh."

"Yeah."

It went back to the silence until the elevator doors reopened and they both walked out. Ryo followed behind her as she walked towards the kitchen from earlier. Well, it was the only one that she had seen in the resort, so it was pretty much the only one she knew.

"Eh, since we're friends and all," Hotaru cleared her throat, "I'm just wondering if you can make me something. Nothing too awesome, just something simple, maybe..."

He stared down at her for a moment before nodding, walking towards one of the stoves and turning it on, getting to work.

Hotaru watched as he worked diligently, though still lazily, with his bandanna still tied around his wrist. She watched what he was cooking with interest, knowing almost immediately what he was making. "Stir-fry?" she asked aloud and he nodded.

"Something simple," he said and stirred the dish.

She nodded and leaned over the counter, resting her cheeks on the palms of her hands. "Thanks a lot, Ryo--means a lot," she said softly.

He glanced over at her and nodded, still lazily. "Plates," he said after a while.

Hotaru nodded and jumped up, quickly running to get plates from a cupboard at the back wall of the kitchen. She reached as high as she could and got two, holding them carefully in her arms as she went to stand beside Ryo. She placed them on the counter and grinned. "Got 'em!"

He nodded and fixed the dish. "Here," he said and slid it over to her.

"Thanks," she said and took a bite. "Uwaaaah~ So yummy~ So many flavours in one! It's so delicious, Ryo--it's like lying on a cloud, basking in the warm sunlight!" she took another bite. "...It's like the first dish I cooked when I was little. I'm actually amazed that I remember it, haha!"

Ryo stared at her as she continued to ramble about his food. He knew that when she started talking about herself when she was younger, her smile was forced. "Stop that," he said and took a bite out of his dish.

"What?" she asked, confused.

"Your smiling," he said.

She grew a tick mark on her forehead. "What about it?"

"It's fake."

"Psh," she turned her head away and ate some more, but then sighed. "I've grown to smile at everything, no matter how difficult things are."

"Huh," Ryo looked straight.

"Come on, dude," she punched his shoulder. "Lighten up!"

He looked down at her with a sweatdrop.

"What's with that look, huh?"

"You're weak," he said, speaking his mind.

"Tch!" she glared at him and puffed out her cheeks.

"You look just like Milady when you do that..." he pointed out with an "oh" sound coming out afterwards.

"Whatever..." she looked down at her food grumpily and continued eating. It's exactly the same stir-fry I cooked when I was little, or, well, somewhat the same.

"If you find true love, your food will taste even better than before!"

Hotaru's eyes widened before they softened, her finding herself smiling.
Mom, I hope that would happen.

•••

fammos wanna follow my Instagram? ttorriia

kms I'm so desperate sometimes