Fears

Reason POV

I feel deeply disturbed and I know it's because of Melody. Whatever she's doing I feel her unease.

Focusing on her and sending positive energy helps take my mind off the bullshit around me.

This bitch again.

Hell no. Not this time.

I've tried straightening out, to squash the Darkness inside me. Needless to say it hasn't worked. Lately, I'm extremely short tempered and ready to throw fire balls.

Now it's different. Melody isn't at her best. She needs me and I have to help her.

Hardly even caring, I lay on the floor. Closing my tired eyes, I slowly ease away. Melody's mind and body are both being over worked.

I send her small bouts of energy, my energy. Ever so sluggishly, it leaves me and travels to the girl that always manages to make me feel.

*

I shift uneasily. Something's wrong. I open my eyes and- the hell?

I'm back in my room- the room I had on earth. I gap, my neon green walls with several posters, my messy dresser. Everything appears the exact same as when I left. I climb out of my Harry Potter covers and see my awesome PJ's are on.

I go to the door and give the Zac Efron poster a small stroke. You can see all the kissing lip marks I've left on it over the years.

I walk down the stairs; this is all too surreal. There's the squad, eating pancakes in perfect ignorance.

"Guys, what are we doing here?"

"Eating," Kyle smirks.

"No, I mean here, on earth." I squeal.

Ester furrowed her brows and gave me a you're-insane look, "Where else would we be."

"Uh, I don't know, maybe Enchantment." I tried to remember the enticing land but each image I conjured was horribly blurry.

"Mel, what did we tell you about smoking the weed?" Dmitri crossed his arms sternly.

"You guys, we're in the middle of a war! Enchantment and its people are in grave danger. Darkness is taking over."

Zane got up and calmly guided me to a seat, "You had a wild dream, that's it."

"I'm not crazy. Wait, ohmigod, Reason! Where is he? Cherry and Anna?" I yell.

"Who?" Jordan asked.

Reason, Cherry and Anna were never with us in New Mexico. They're in New York where Reason is a poker player for a gang and Cherry works for a strip club.

I try reaching out to them mentally but I can't seem to. Then I try moving the milk in Declan's bowl.

"My powers are gone," I gasp.

"Pez espada, you're freaking me out," Kyle muttered.

Zayden, what's going on?

Silence.

Zayden, are you there? Zayden? Zayden!

I wait, hoping to hear his voice.

You said I'd never be alone! I shouted.

Then I started to cry. I stare at the faces of my friends and realize they really don't have any idea what I'm talking about. They don't know of Enchantment, their rolls, how important they are. They can't help in the upcoming war but I can.