Chapter 9

Weeks later, Tabitha and Lionel decided that after school, they'd pack up and leave for vacation.

"After class, meet me at my car. We'll leave right afterwards." Lionel said, loading their backpacks into the car.

"Will do. One acception though?" She said, twidling her toe in the grass.

"That is?" He asked, busying himself with loading the car.

"If Roland says hi, allow me time to say goodbye to him. He'll be quite upset that I won't be here for the beginning of summer vacation..." She said, looking especially sad.

"Aww, Sweetie," He said, bringing her into a hug, and putting his chin on top of her head. "You can talk to him for as long as you want. Just text me to let me know how long you'll be.."

"Mkay. Thanks, baby." She said, looking up at him, smiling. With that, she walked into the passenger's seat and closed the door behind her.

Lionel grinned. Today's gonna be a good day, He thought, getting into the car.

"So, what are you going to do in Hawaii?" Lionel asked, pulling off.

"Sleep on the beaches, hang with you, explore, and swim! It should be exciting!" Tabitha said, jittery with happiness.

"Awh. I'll just follow you!" He said, chuckling.

"Mkay. Fine by me, Snookums." She said, wrapping her arms around his arm.

"Baby, I'm driving..." He said, cautioning her.

"Oh, I know. You look sexy while doing it too, mm." Tabitha said, winking at him.

"That's it..I'm pulling over." He said, pulling over. He looked over at her, hunger in his eyes. "You can't say those words and not expect me to want you." He said, behind hooded eyes.

He leaned forward and connected lips with her, exchanging the same amount of emotion she was sharing with him.

"Mm...Best kisser I know." Lionel said, biting his lip.

They pulled up at the school, making Tabitha sigh.

"What's wrong, babe?" Lionel asked, parking the car.

"I just...want all my classes to be with you today..." She said, pouting.

"Aww, I know. But, we only have one class together." He said, watching her.

"Yeah. I guess I'll have to get over it.." Tabitha said, stepping out of the car.

"Not nec-"

"I'm over it." She giggled, walking off into the school.

"Hey, wait!" Lionel shouted, grabbing their backpacks and racing to catch up with her.

"C'mon, slowpoke! Don't you have super speed?" Tabitha teased, picking up the speed.

In seconds, Lionel was next to her, picked her up, and glared at her.

"Don't. Run. From. Me." He said, growling.

"C'mon! We were just having fu-"

"Until you tried to get away." He said.

"Let go of me, I'm going to class." She said, struggling to get out of his grip. She looked up at him angrily, which made his features soften.

"I'm sorry, Tabitha. I'm just really protective of you. Sorry if you get irritated sometimes.." He said, gently setting her down.

"Yeah it is annoying. I'm going to class." She said, walking off.