00| oh brother

⌜◌⌟

⌜◌⌟

          I studied my brother's expressions skeptically, anticipating his response with my hands clamped tightly behind my back. His eyebrows knitted together as he stares thoroughly at the document between his blistered fingers and lips puckered out while repeatedly glancing between me and the sheet of paper with uncertainty.

My dear older brother's name is Oikawa Tooru, a hard-working and talented volleyball player, well-recognized in the Miyagi prefecture for his position as a setter. I am proud to call him my brother, that is, whenever he is not flirting shamelessly with numerous other girls.

"What's so special about Rakuzan High, anyway? Just come to Aoba Johsai High. It's going to be a great school experience with Iwa-chan and me being there for you!" He exclaims in a mixture of irritation and uneasiness, with a tint of hopefulness. Truthfully, I do not blame him whatsoever for responding in such a way. Our home is here, in Miyagi prefecture, and Rakuzan High is located in Kyoto, an unfamiliar place with no one to rely on and approximately four hours flight away from home.

"Rakuzan High is the most prestigious school in Japan, and I got accepted! It is such an amazing opportunity for me, oniichan," I respond to him while planting my hands on my hips. His frown only intensifies by my response, and then he cranes his neck towards our mother with flailing arms emphasizing towards me, as though demanding her to back him up.

"Well," my mother begins with a sigh, stretching the 'l' as she spoke, "she will be attending her first year soon, and Rakuzan High is a very well-known school." I instantly notice the absolute horror on my brother's features, as we both know where our mother is heading. With a childish triumphant grin, I placed my hand on his shoulder and gave a squeeze, then listened to the remainings.

She sighs to herself once remarking Tooru's dreaded expression, bringing us both in a tight loving embrace as she talked, "I know you don't feel comfortable with sending your sister alone to Kyoto, and it definitely took a lot of convincing for your father to consider it. Though, as Katsumi said, this is an excellent opportunity for her that can impact her future—"

"Why wasn't I informed earlier?" my brother interrupts, after discerning the date the document was addressed, which was two weeks ago.

My mother glances at me, urging me to answer my brother on that subject, and I say, "I was scared of how you would react, and I know how protective you are of me. So, I wanted our parents' approval before telling you."

He looked dejected for a moment, however soon, an unexpected sincere smile surfaced, "I'm still upset that you've told okaasan and otousan before me— but either way, if this what my baby sister wants to do, then so be it."

I felt all the pressure leave my body when finally hearing my brother's words, and I give him a wide smile before lightly pecking on his cheek, "Thank you, oniichan."

| to be continued