03| student council

⌜◌⌟

⌜◌⌟

          To think that redhead is a first-year, as well.

I thought to myself as I hastily walked towards the student council with the application sheet for this school year's auditor gripped tightly between my fingers. For someone around the same age as me, it is terrifying to notice how much presence he already possesses. Akashi Seijuro— is the name I overhear everyone whisper. And I mean everyone, as though they already knew of his existence before. Some, particularly the girls, mentioned his handsome looks, which I will not deny if it was not for the superiority complex. Others spoke of the 'Generation of Miracles,' something I was clearly unfamiliar with and worth researching.

I quietly breathe out as I knock onto the student council's door before opening it, and as soon as I open my mouth to speak—

"We're sorry, but this year's president is already elected," an older female student immediately interrupts, black hair cascading down her shoulders as she pinched her forefinger and thumb into the bridge of her nose," and yes, Akashi Seijuro was chosen by the principal."

"Um— I've actually come for the auditor position," I finally speak out, and her misty grey eyes widen in surprise when noticing me as her back straightens out instantly, the look of embarrassment and shock apparent on her features with light redness coating her cheeks.

However, my mind tracks back to what she has uttered earlier.

A first-year became president of the student council? Is that even possible? Not only that, hand-picked by the principal. Maybe Akashi is a well-known prodigy of some sort. That is the only explanation I can think of.

"I'm so sorry! It wasn't my intention to be so rude. I assumed you were another third-year questioning our president," she feverishly explains as she widens the door and motions me to enter.

"I see. That's fine, you didn't know," I attempt to reassure the student council member by waving my hand side to side. "Oh! And here," I say when suddenly remembering my purpose of coming here as I hand in the sheet of paper, "this my application for the position."

She softly hums as she skims through the sheet, "Oikawa Katsumi?"

My words die down when a new voice chimes, "May I speak to you for a moment, Katsumi?"

Who is calling me Katsumi?

Looking behind the girl, I find him, the president himself— Akashi Seijuro. He stands behind her with his hands to his sides, his face completely neutral, but his piercing gaze seems to penetrate directly through my soul. Dumbly, I can only nod my head in acknowledgment before shuffling towards him.

"Your brother is Oikawa Tooru, I presume?" he asks as he descends on one of the new comfortable sofas in the room, though I imagine he already knows the answer.

"Uh— yes. How do you know that?" I chose to settle on the sofa on the opposing side, legs pressed together with my hands interlocked on my lap.

"'Oikawa' was a popular name back in my middle school, especially among the volleyball players," he leans against the backrest, arms folding over his chest, "not just the player, the manager was quite famous too."

"Are you proposing I become manager of Rakuzan's volleyball team?"

"No. I am proposing you become manager of the basketball team."

"Basketball?" I repeat in bewilderment, having not anticipated such offer, "but I know nothing of this sport?"

"Basketball is merely another sport. And with you desiring to become an auditor, obviously tells me that you have a good eye for attention and detail," he looks at me with a glint flashing in his eyes, "A manager's skill is the same in any sport. Analytical mindset, effective communicator, time management— the application changes only based on the rules of the sport."

"You really think I would be valuable in the basketball team?" I ask timidly as a smirk grows on his flawless profile.

"Oh, I know you will be valuable. Keep in mind, I am always right, Katsumi."

| to be continued