waiting

***Hi everybody :) i am sorry i havent posted in a while- ive been really busy with midterms. To make it up, i wrote a longer chapter. with less grammer mistakes (lol). Vote, comment, fan. I love you!!!***

_____________________________________________________________________________

I wake up, and reach on the top of the bunk bed for my brother. I can’t feel it...

That’s strange; every day I always start my morning by waking him up... where did he go?

I look around, unsure of where I am. I am dressed in a hospital gown, in what looks like an overly neat space where sick people are.

Then I remember-

My family is dead.  They died when the capitol murdered my family, my friends, and my entire district except for 800 people. 20000 people turning into 800. What has this world come to??? Devastation chokes at my throat, making it hard to breathe. I miss them so much. My father, who told me from the first day about Katniss... My brothers, who would have so much fun pulling pranks together with me... My mother, who seemed strict, just wanted to have fun and live a good life. I never thought I’d see the day my whole family was gone, and yet, there is nobody anymore but me. A chill of loneliness waves through me. 

And I remember why I am in the hospital in district 13- I fainted when I heard that Katniss was coming home. Katniss! I have thought about her every day. I am so worried as to what could happen to her, but at the same time so overjoyed at the thought of seeing her. Of smelling her hair, of telling her how much I love her. In the meantime, I have to do something, or I might explode.

I try to get up, but my head starts aching. Then I see the people standing by my bed- Delly, Haymitch, and Katniss’s mother, who is a nurse here. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them all at the same time. They all want to speak to me privately. Haymitch goes first.

Haymitch looks yellowish. He has had a hard time- district 13 is a strictly non- alcoholic area, and Haymitch... doesn’t know how to survive without alcohol... 

"Look, peeta"

"No. I am done listening to you. I listened to you in the quell, and you lost Katniss. I told you everything, and you lied. You told Katniss and me that there was no district 13. You knew about it and you lied!" I spat at him. 

I don't know where that has come from. I am not the type to get angry easily. Haymitch looks shocked too. I don't think I have ever really yelled at him like that. Pain registers on his face, and I instantly regret what I’ve said. But, as soon as it appears, it disappears.

"I know I was wrong. I replay the quell so many times in my head, trying to think of what I could have done. But nothing comes to mind... but we have to be on speaking terms. I'm still your mentor. You’re still my tribute."

I get what he means- we are still in the Games. We just have to play it right. Still, every move is being watched. Every attack is another obstacle. This is the 76th Hunger Games.

"I shouldn't have let her go. I should have stayed with her." I whisper

"There was nothing you could do. Were on the same page"

I feel relieved. I HATE being angry at people, and Haymitch- he did help me save Katniss in the first Games. I do owe him.

"I’m sorry" I say, and we both hug, silently, for the longest time.

"Can I go rescue her?" 

"They already left." he says. I sigh, disappointed

(The hunger games) Mockingjay- remixजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें