Chapter 2

"CHAAZZZ." I whined as he laughed evilly. 

I glared at him.

He wiggled his eyebrows and winked at me.

"Nooo!" I shrieked as he attacked me, tickling me relentlessy.

"I can't b-b-breathe!" I spluttered out. Chaz was laughing.

He let go as my mom walked in through the door way, she grinned at us.

"Having fun?" She asked, smirking. It was her fault! She told him to tickle me.

"NO" I pouted and crossed my arms, sulking.

"Aw." She cooed and sat beside me, she pulled me into her arms and hugged me.

"My little girl." She whispered, closing her eyes.

Chaz got up to go help dad out with cooking, I wasnt allowed in the kitchen, it was supposed to be a suprise. LAME.

I looked up at mom, she was pretty young, she was about 37, she had dark auburn hair and green eyes. 

"I love you." I whispered and she pulled back, her face was clearly filled with shock.

I had never told her I loved her before.  I had thought it of course.

"I love you too." She whispered, her eyes filled with Joy, I felt bad.

She has done so much for me and I've neverbeen clear with my feelings.

She pulled me into a tighter hug, and began singing.

"Brown eyed girl walking down the street

an aching heart and sore feet

running to the middle of nowhere

to be anywhere"

I closed my eyes, her sweet voice filling the room.

"Dinner is ready!" Dad called from the kitchen. Mom groaned.

"Wanna go for Ice cream after?" She asked me carefully, I gave her a big smile.

"Uh huh." I mumbled.

She got up and grabbed my hand pulling me into the kitchen.

Her hands covered my eyes as we walked through the door way, she sat me down and removed her hands. I grinned, a warm fuzzy feeling filled my body. I had never felt more loved than I did right now.

I couldn't even explain how I felt right now, other than pure warmth and happiness.

Chase slammed the front door walking in.

Mom gave Dad a warning look and Dad shook his head.

They ignored Chase as he stomped upstairs and slammed his bedroom door, my mood sank.

He was angry....

I tried to keep the smile on my face, but I could tell Dad wasn't happy with Chase, and kept wanting to get up and talk to him.

I sighed and quietly ate my roast chicken and roast potatoes.

"How's school Chaz?" Dad's loud voice boomed, pulling me out of my self pitying thoughts.

"It's good, we have a school trip coming up." he said excitedly, I rolled my eyes.

Dad turned to look at me and raised his eyebrows.

"Why haven't we heard anything about this?" He asked suprised.

"Wasn't planning on going." I mumbled honestly, shrugging my shoulders.

Dad looked at mom and she shrugged.

"We'd like to know more about it." He stated calmly, dread washed over me.

I really didn't want to go.

"Oh, I have a form!" Chaz turned and grabbed his backpack off the back of his seat and pulled it out. I shot him a glare and he shrugged at me.

"I got one for Jess." He mumbled, a blush formed on his face.

Dad took it and looked it over before handing it to mom.

"Looks like it would be fun." He smiled at me.

No, it wouldnt! Two days stuck with kids from school?!

Mom smiled at me and grabbed my hand, giving it a squeeze.

"We'll talk about it later, lets enjoy dinner." I smiled at her gratefully.

After dinner they brought out a white cake with a purple fondant bow on it.

I grinned as they sang Happy Birthday to me.

The lit candles mesmerized me.

Chaz had left an hour ago, and I laid in bed. 

I heard Dad and Chase fighting.

My stomach got tied in knots.

I looked at the time, it was 9pm.

I heard Chase's door slam shut. 

I closed my eyes as I heard heavy footsteps go downstairs.

Dad and Mom had a date night tonight, and were getting ready to leave. 

They pretty much saw a movie, had a few drinks and just spent quality time together, they did it once a month.

The front door closed and I squeezed my eyes shut tighter

I knew what was about to happen.