Chapter 3

My door creaked open, and I gulped.

Chase gave me glare as he crept in.

"Please..." I begged

"Oh Shut up, Jess." He grumbled as he slammed the door closed behind him.

I moved myself backwards against the wall, he got a grin on his face and I held my breath.

What was the point in trying any more? I just wanted it all to go away.

I closed my eyes as I felt his ice cold hand trail down my cheek to my neck, his fingers slowly wrapping around my neck, forcing me to lay down.

Keeping my eyes shut tight, i felt his other hand slip beneath my shirt, palm down on my stomach, making it's way up.

Could this just be over?

He slowly unbuttoned my shirt, I let out my breath. 

I felt myself shaking as he pressed his full weight against me.

I let him finish, just laying there, numb.

he walked out with a smirk, I pulled the covers over my nude body. Warm tears falling down my cheeks, burning. 

Would this ever end?

I got up slowly, feeling the pain through out my whole body.

I slipped my clothes back on and crept into my ensuite bathroom.

I opened up the cabinet and took out the blade from under the toothpaste box.

I slipped my sleeves down and drew an even line across my wrist.

It felt so good as the droplets pricked at my skin, tickling as it dripped down my arm, it lingered before dropping into the sink, I ran the water, and dragged it over my wrist again, and again, and again...

Before I knew it, my arm was covered in small even lines.

The pain linger through my arm, tears pricking at my eyes, wanting to fall.

I wiped them away angrily and put the blade back, I grabed some toilet paper, pushing it against my arm, and switching the faucet off.

I slid down the wall, tears freely falling now.

It was my birthday.... Why couldn't I just have one nice day?

I'm done, I just can't do this anymore, if this is what life is all about then I refuse to be apart of it.

I grabbed my pills and took 80 Tylenol.

That should do the trick.

I grinned and got into bed.

I knew it would take hours before my organs eventually shut down. 

I went to bed safely knowing, tomorrow was my last day.

CHAZ'S POV

I woke up at 6am, to a text from Jessica,

Just know that I will always love you.

What's going on? She's never sent weird texts like that before.

I shook my head and went down the stairs.

"hey honey." Mom smiled at me.

I tried to erase the feeling of dread sinking in my stomach.

"hey mom..." I trailed off.

"What's wrong Sweetie?" She asked as she laid down a plate of scrambled eggs for me.

"Thanks, and nothing, just woke up to a weird text is all." I smiled at her in appreciation.

Mom pulled out a seat next to me and sat down beside me.

"Elaborate." She asked carefully.

My mom and I have a pretty open relationship.

"Well, Jessica sent me a text telling me that she'll always love me, and she's been acting really weird and distant lately, I'm really worried mom."

"Hmmm." She got her concentration face on.

"Maybe I should talk to Sarah-lee." I sighed.

"Maybe."

Mom got up and walked out.

JESSICA'S POV

'I'll keep an eye on her then." Mom said into the phone glancing over at me, with a weak smile.

Uh oh....

She hung up the phone, and came up, draping her arms around my shoulders from behind.

"Wanna ditch today and hang out with me?" She asked, hope was clear in her eyes.

"Uhm....." I looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"Are you sure?" I asked her carefully.

She nodded.

"Okay then, I guess I can." I gave her a weak smile and she grinned, she got out her phone and wrote something down.

I'm so confused, mom was a nurse, she was pretty strict, why would she ask me to skip school?

"We are gonna stop at Chaz's house, and have coffee with his mom, if that's okay?" She asked as she took out a travel cup and filled it with coffee.

"Uhm, sure?" I answered carefully.

I felt so tired today, I just wanted to close my eyes and sleep.

Chase came down the stairs and glared at me.

"Loser." He muttered under his breath, shoving past me. 

I hung my head.

Don't worry bro... I wont be here much longer.

That's a promise.