Chapter 2

Ten years later...

•Will's POV•

"Do it, Will!"

My thumb quivered over the trigger.

"Do it!" He commanded.

My grip loosened on the gun and I set it down. I took a deep breath, and prepared myself for the gaping ass chewing I was about to receive.

"I can't, Liam. I just can't." I admitted.

He sighed in exasperation and disappointment.

"Let me show you how to do it again." He yanked the gun out of my hand.

"I told you, I don't want-."

Bang.

The bullet flew from the pistol and shattered the brown beer bottle, causing the glass to sprinkle in the yard. I jumped at the sound of the gun fire.

"See. It's only practice. It's not that hard." He stuffed it back into my dominant left hand.

"What's going on?" A familiar voice asked from behind me.

"I'm trying to teach skippy here how to shoot, but he's 'too scared'." He mocked me in a babyish tone.

"Let me see it." My sister took it from my brother's hands, which was already an unsafe idea.
Bang.
Bang.
Bang.

Three glass bottles shattered on a row ontop our wooden fence.

"That's how you do it." She grinned.

"Oh, stop showing off, Nova." Liam rolled his eyes.

She gave a cocky grin through her thin lips and shoved the gun back into my hand.

Liam and Nova were the dynamic duo. They were skilled shooters, fighters, and sales people. They were my father's best team. No matter how many men and women he's hired before, they've never compared to his twin dream team. So far, it had seemed like I was the disappointment. I had just turned seventeen and still couldn't handle shooting a gun.

When Nova was fifteen she was dropping people. When Liam was sixteen, he was an incredible sales man. 

And what could I do at the age seventeen? I could write a brilliant ten page essay for advanced English. But that's not what really counted in our home.

We went inside our home through the back patio. Our home was very open, but nicely decorated. Since our business was the biggest in the entire city, we've became extremely wealthy within the past years.

My mother sweetly set a plate of sandwiches down for us. One side was cheese and turkey, the other peanut butter and jelly (strawberry jelly, the best kind of jelly). They were cut in half.

"Thanks mom." Liam said thorough a mouthful of thick peanut butter.

She nodded and went back into the kitchen. Then returned with tall glasses of lemonade. This time she was accompanied by my six year old brother, Jack. He was carrying a handful of napkins. He handed them to Nova. She kindly smiled at the wrinkled napkins.

"Thank you, Jack." She accepted.

"Mom, can you believe it, Will won't shoot a gun." Liam laughed while eating his second PB&J.

"I'm sure he'll learn at his own speed. Don't feel any pressure because of them, Will. These two were practically born with guns in hand." My mom explained.

"Guns?" Jack said, making a gun shape with his fingers.

"I wanna shoot a gun!" Said Jack, not even understanding what guns were capable of.