Chapter One (More Of A Summary Than A Chapter, But It Is A Chapter)

Percy is accepted back into Camp by everyone.

Everyone, that is, accept the one he loves.

Annabeth.

She is scared of Percy because of how he controlled the poison in Tartarus.

The gods give him a gift.

He is turned immortal by the gift he never wanted.

At least he can return five friends of his choice back from the dead.

Annabeth gives him a choice: he leaves, or she leaves.

Percy didn't want to ruin Annabeth's home for her.

Then he goes missing, and only he knows where he went.

Torture.

In Tartarus.

*   *   *

Years later, he escapes.

Literally years.

He doesn't use the name "Percy" anymore. He doesn't use any name anymore. Its not like he actually had to talk to anyone besides Gaea anymore. . . whoops, I am not supposed to have mentioned that yet. . .

He was gone for five thousand years, Earth time. That means that his mom, Sally, had died.

And it's longer in Tartarus time.

He managed to live five thousand more Earth years in the wild before he was found.

When Percy had escaped, his only company had been nature ----- and the Earth herself.

She had apologized repeatedly for trying to take over the world. She sees sense now. She talks to him, guides him to the fields of corn, or weat, or berries.

He's a vegetarian now. He doesn't want to harm animals.

But as his life goes, all peace disappears, all good things must eventually come to an end.

So, of course, he just had to be found by Artemis and her man hating hunters.