15

Kayleigh's POV

"Wanna play quidditch?" Draco asks me at the end of breakfast and I look up at him and shrug, "sure." He smiles lightly and we go outside, grabbing the brooms and the balls. "We should race for the snitch this time!" Draco suggests and I agree. He lets the little golden ball go and that's our cue to jump on our brooms and fly into the sky.

Draco goes to the right and I go straight. I spot the snitch and see Draco looking for it; I smirk knowing that I have the best chance of getting it and I take it. I'm after it at full speed and I reach my arm out, trying to grab it when it quickly changes direction. I chase it and soon enough, I feel a cold, metal object in my hand. I fly over to Draco and smile.

"What are you smiling at me like that for?" He asks giving me a weird look and I show him the snitch. His jaw drops a little and I snicker. "Wow, I didn't even see it!" He says looking at me, impressed. I smirk at him before flying down the ground and hopping off my broom. He repeats my actions and puts the snitch back in the box with the other balls.

"Now what?" I ask, wondering what she should do next. He thinks for a second before I see the lightbulb go off in his eyes. "Let's dance," he smiles excitedly and I look at him in surprise.

"I don't even know how to dance!" I counter and he smiles again, grabbing my hand and pulling me back into the house. "I'll teach you!" He exclaims and I ask him where he even learned to dance.

"My mother taught me when I was little just in case I ever needed or wanted to," he shrugs and I nod. We go to the sitting area that has the piano in it and he casts a spell on the piano for it to play itself as he takes my hand in his, wrapping my other hand around his neck and his other hand on the small of my back. He tells me to look him in the eye and says, "follow my lead." I do as he says and follow his feet as he steps right and left and right and left, rotating slowly and going forward and backward.

After a while, I get the hang of it and he throws in some dips and spins and stuff. We are giggling and singing along with the piano and I have to admit that it's very fun. "Aw, look what we have here," I hear Narcissa's voice from the doorway on the other side of the room and I jump back from Draco.

"No, don't let me stop you. It looks like you two are having a lot of fun together," she comments, smiling brightly and I blush with embarrassment. I shyly walk back up to Draco and continue dancing until Lucius gets home.

Now Draco is the one to jump away from me and blush from embarrassment. He clears his throat nervously and Lucius just walks to another room. "I'm sorry," Draco mumbles and I shake my head.

"It's okay, I understand." I leave the room, avoiding the awkward tension and head upstairs to our room to grab a book. As I'm descending the tall staircase I hear two male voices talking.

"You may be having too much fun with Miss Allen," it was Lucius. "How can you have too much fun, Father? She's my friend," Draco defends and I continue to listen in.

"I don't want you getting too comfortable with her, Draco. End of story," Lucius demands, then I hear footsteps coming toward my direction. I finish walking down the stairs with my book as if I hadn't heard their conversation and walk toward the back door.

"Where are you going?" I hear to my side and I turn, seeing Draco. "Um, just going outside to read," I answer before I open the door and walk out. I take a seat in one of the black chairs and open my book to where I left off. I let my eyes wander the page, not really soaking in the words.

What did Lucius mean by "too comfortable"? It's not like Draco and I are dating or anything; I don't even like him like that. I forget about it as I start to actually read and quickly lose myself in the book.

*•*•*

~Draco's POV~ *time skip to a few weeks later*

Kayleigh and I were ready for bed and she crawls in first. I climb in next to her and she is closer than usual. She almost right in my side and I stare at her in disbelief for a second before I lie down, facing her. "Are you okay right there?" I ask her, thinking she wouldn't like the closeness between us and she tiredly hums in agreement.

"Goodnight, Kayleigh," I say to her before she quickly falls into a deep sleep. She must've been real tired. I stay awake for an hour or so after her and when I fall asleep, my arm is wrapped around her waist and her face is burrowed in my chest. I kiss the top of her head gently and rest my cheek against it. I could sleep like this every night, I wish I could. We only have a few more nights in this bed together before we have to leave and head back to Hogwarts.

Her hair smells amazing; like flowers and a hint of... Mint? I like that...

*•*•*•*•*•*

A/N: I don't want to give away anything but the last little part is underlined because it's important and you need to remember it because it's gonna come back pretty soon.

But anywayssssss, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you did, please drop it a vote and share the story! It means a lot :)

I love you guys so so much, you're awesome! So I hope you have a lovely day and peace out, hugs and kisses all around xoxoxo