13

The car ride was utterly silent. I wasn't focused on the silence or Bryson's frequent glares. I was focused on why I felt so bad. I was genuinely sad, out of no where too.

I up we my phone from our bag and searched up what I was going through.

Extremely sad during pregnancy:
Depression during pregnant is extremely common and most likely increasing your chance of postpartum depression after the baby is born. Not to worry! Speak to your doctor.....

As I scrolled through Google I read small stories about moms who have committed suicide and hurt their children due to the depression.

I locked my phone and stared into space until I felt the car stop. I looked around and we were at the beach. I got out from the car and followed Bryson to where Kelly and Harley were playing.

"What's up Kay? Hi baby." Bryson greeted the duo with a hug to the both of them

I waved gaining a wave back from Kelly. I hadn't seen her in years, she looked amazing. Her body was perfect and her hair was in a bun but you could tell it was beautiful too. No wonder Bryson wanted a kid with her.

"Rose." Bryson called snapping me from my stare into space

"Huh?" I felt little hands on my stomach making me attempt to look over my bump

"Hi mommy." Harley smiled making Kelly looked at Bryson abruptly

"Hi baby." I squatted down and hugged her best I could

She hung on to my stomach in an attempt to hug me.

"She calls you mommy?" Kelly asked looking over to me

"Nah. Must've slipped." Bryson answered

Kelly and I both looked at him. She nodded and I stood up to take off my sundress.

Why is he bitching out around her? I couldn't help but feel ugly next to her.

I felt a tap in my leg making me look down to Harley again. Bryson was squinting at me like he was analyzing me.

"Want to go to the hammock?" I smile and grabbed her hand leading to what looked more like a bed than a hammock.

 Harley crawled into the bed and jumped around while I checked out the scenery

Harley crawled into the bed and jumped around while I checked out the scenery. After playing for a few minutes I looked around for Bryson seeing him and Kelly having a great time. He splashed a bit of sand on her making her laughed and do it back. So enough he was chasing her around the beach.

"When's the little baby coming?" Harley asked rubbing my poking stomach

"In 3 months. Then you can help dress her or him up."

Kelly soon rushed over to me and hid behind me from Bryson.

"Don't hide." Bryson laughed trying to see her from in front of me

She peeked from behind me letting him see her.

"Let's go get some sun." I grabbed Harley and began to walk to beach with her

"What's wrong?" She asked seeing my slightly sad expression

"I really want some ice cream. I'm just not sure what flavor."

"I know some!" She screamed excitedly

She rambled off flavors while I peeked back at Bryson.

I can't blame him.