18.

*New Orleans, 2015*

Caroline's POV

I can't believe this. Nik dump me... I know that I never dated him but he broke up what we had, which made me feel like shit. I still don't understand why. He seemed liking this idea so much but from the sudden he changes his mind...

I spent the rest of the day avoiding him but this questions in my head kept coming up and I couldn't handle it anymore so I went over to Nik's room and knocked on the door, when he open it, he was surprised but than put his poker face to fake it didn't make him feel nothing. I walked in and closed the door behind me before I would start talking.

"Sorry, Nik. I know that we weren't dating and that this was just two friends having fun from times to times but I have questions and just you can answer them."

"Love..."

"Why is it over? What did I do wrong? Am I not good enough for you? Am I bad in sex? Am I such a pain in the ass that everyone ends up leaving me? Why this keeps happening to me? Why am I always the one being rejected? Is there something wrong with me?" I asked him with tears coming out because I couldn't fight it anymore.

"Love, is nothing like that. You're not the problem, the problem is with me. I can't keep doing this with you because everyone closed to me gets hurt and what happened to you today was a reminder that being this close to you make you be my weakness and I can't afford that." He said and then hugged me and said. "There's nothing wrong with you."

"You're perfect, love." He said when broke the hug. "And just so you know, having sex with you was fantastic. It was one of the most things I liked to do."

"Shut up, you jerk" I said with a smile and hit his arm playfully, making him smirk.

"Please don't ever doubt of yourself again, love. You are extraordinary, and you just don't know how to pick your boyfriends because they were always jerks."

"They were not." I said hitting him again in the arm.

"It's true, love. They were always jerks who didn't look at you as the extraordinary woman you are."

"I think you are the only one who sees me like that." I said with a weak smile because I feel that no guy ever thought of me as extraordinary, they didn't knew me like Nik, I never open up to them like I do with Nik.

"I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees you like that. And if no one saw you like the extraordinary woman that I know you are, then they are all blind." He said making me smile shyly.

"Please tell me that we will never stop being friends..." I said and he hugged me again.

"We will never stop being friends. It's just not possible. I die before I let that happen and I'm the Original Hybrid, I can't be killed." He said making me roll my eyes but a smile appeared in my face.

"I love you, Nik"

"I love you too, Caroline" he said and I left his room to go sleep.