VI.

Nymph

I could see several figures outside of the office, waiting to see what happened. Suddenly a slender girl with long, red hair ran through the door and hugged Hayden.

'Are you okay? What happened?' She seemed eagerly clingy and Hayden pulled her hands off himself and quietly explained what happened, before asking her to leave and take everyone else with her. She nodded and walked past me with a stern look, taking everybody else with her.

'Perhaps you should return to you room for today and get some rest. I apologise and I assure you that I will find who's responsible for such a cruel joke.' He looked angry. If that is their way of greeting me to the Underworld, I wonder what else is waiting for me. I couldn't possible cop out of my first day working with King of the Underworld, when I am no longer hurt.

'I am okay to continue sir. You've taken care of my leg, so there is no reason for me not to continue.' I smiled, but he shook his head annoyed.

'You don't have to do that. I know everyone have already warned you that I am a heartless workaholic, but I know that humans handle pain differently, with which comes shock and exhaustion. I won't think any less of your or your work if you go back to your room and rest.' I stood up ready to prove myself.

'I assure you that I am okay to continue sir.' I smiled and he nodded agreeing with my decision.

'Well you still need to go back to change, your skirt is torn.'

'Oh, that's okay.' I smiled and walked over to his table, taking a pin and pining my skirt together. 'It will do for today.' I smiled as Hayden stared at me impressed

'If you say so Miss Lockwood.' He smiled and walked over to his table picking up my laptop and taking his out of a draw and walking us out of the dirty, dusty room. He led us both into the Underworld office and sat me down at a table with my laptop. He picked a flash drive from his pocket and stuck it into my laptop.

'Should be ready to go.' He sat down at his table with his laptop and continued to work, like nothing had happened. I opened the laptop, allowing it to start up as I looked around. The room looked like a normal office, but I couldn't help and imagine the number of Gods that had sat in those chairs over the century's and I was sitting there with the God of the Underworld. Me. Little tiny human.

'Perhaps I should get Sylver to help train you on our system, that way you'll be more comfortable and you've met him already.' Hayden asked and I nodded agreeing. 'I will give Toru a call and see if he's available.' Hayden picked up the phone and called Toru. He then called somebody else and asked them to help me get to Sylver's office. I collected my things and waited patiently for somebody to come and take me to Sylver's office. A couple minutes passed, and the same skinny, red headed girl entered the office.

'Rose, can you help Miss Lockwood to Sylvers office please.' She looked up at me annoyed and exhaled a deep breath with a smile.

'Of course, sir.' She turned back around and walked out of the office door and I followed her. We stood quietly by the elevator door, waiting for it to come down and I could tell she didn't like me very much.

'I really shouldn't have to do such menial jobs, with Hayden being my boyfriend and all.' She said rolling her eyes, clearly marking her territory with Hayden.

'You should consider that he asks you to do so much because he trusts you will do them well.' She smiled at me stepping into the elevator, not realising that that was more of an insult then a prays. We stand in silence and I try to compose myself and be friendly, despite everyone else treating me like I'm a piece of trash on the street. We got out of the elevator and she walked me across several booths and glass offices, until we approached one at the very end of the room.

'He's in there.' She pointed to the door and turned around to leave. All of a sudden, I felt something vibrate in my bag and I quickly fetched it out, realising it was the phone Hayden gave me. The number was unknown to me and I quickly answered it.

'Hello?'

'Eve?!' I knew that voice immediately, it was Max and I quickly scanned the room for a bathroom or somewhere more private then in the middle of all these booths. Across the room I noticed a bathroom sign and quickly walked over to it.

'Max?! This is my work phone number; you can't call me here!'

'I need your help Eve.'

'You always need my help. Call Dorian. Don't call me here!' I hung up and exhaled a deep breath, getting my thoughts together before leaving the bathroom. I opened the door and there's a man standing in front of me, tilting his head back and forth as if examining me.

'Ex-boyfriend?' He asked staring at me. I thought it was rude to eavesdrop.

'No.' I began to slowly walk away from the strange man and knocked on Sylver's office door, before walking in.

'Hey, I heard what happened, are you okay?' He approached me from behind his desk and hugged me like we've been long-time friends.

'I'm fine. Thank you.' I smiled as he let go of me.

'I can't believe somebody would do that to you on your first day. Good thing Hayden was there.' I nodded smiling and hoping to move on from the embarrassing conversation.

'Can I ask you a question? There was a man standing outside of the bathroom, just staring at me and eavesdropping on my phone conversation. He was wearing a grey suit and had short brown hair.' I walked over to an empty table and set my things down.

'On this floor? Pheonix. Hayden's brother. He shouldn't be listening to your conversations, that's not right.' Sylver shook his head. He sat down beside me and began to show me how to use their system and make my own log in.