my life story.

When I started school, I met a girl who seemed really nice so we became friends, but months later she started bullying me, calling me horrid names and made me cry.  At school I became the top loser and everyone bullied me.  I fell into depression but I was not the only student being bulled.  There was another girl (who we will call Krista) that was being bullied too, so I became her friend.  Krista and I became best friends, but we were both depressed and she would always come crying to me. I did my best to comfort Krista, but the bullying continued for five more years.  

One day I was sick and tired of the bullying and lost my temper.  I swore at my bully, words I wouldn't generally use but it was the last straw.  My bully was completely shocked with my reaction because it was the first time I had ever stood up for myself.  But the bullying didn't stop.  Just before Christmas in school, I was in the bathroom when the same girl who had continued to bully me, walked in.  She knew I was in one of the stalls, but continued her hateful verbal attacks about me towards a couple of her friends.  I ran out of the bathroom in tears and slammed into a good friend where I collapsed sobbing.  I then realized that even the bathroom wasn't a safe place to be!  That evening I became really depressed and thought things would never get any better.  That I would never be able to escape the endless torment of being bullied.  I figured the only way out was death, so I tried to kill myself twice.  In the kitchen, I picked up a sharp carving knife and held it to my heart.  One quick plunge and it will be all over.  It won't hurt too much, just a little sting, then I will be free, but I stopped myself each time and thought about things that I might miss like my cats.  So I put the knife down, ran to my room and sobbed on my bed.    

My parents found out about the suicide attempts from my little brother.  My mother was in hysterics and called a meeting at the school.  I really didn't know I had earned respect. when my friend was bullied i stood up for her. now today shes doing a lot better. we held an anti bullying rally in front of the school and the kids would come out and help, cars would honk as they drove by and my story was told. we hit the newspapers and when i switched schools people remembered me from the newspaper. i became the most popular girl in school and my mom was so happy to see me smiling when i walked out of school everyday. today i stand to help those who are bullied.