Only One Night

A/N

I will always update Radish with one shots for this book first.  But I don't want to neglect the readers that aren't on there so I will update on here sooner or later.

Kara sat nursing a martini purchased by a man sitting across the bar had sent to her. Sighing she stared down into its pink depths; life had been rough on her this week, hell this month if she'd been honest. Doubts and insecurities clawed at her as she realized her boyfriend of three years wouldn't be joining her at the bar like he promised.

He's cheating on me, thought Kara sadly taking a sip of the martini. I should just go ahead and just break up with him. So deep in her own thoughts, she didn't notice when someone came to sit next to her.

"Can I buy you another one," asked a husky male voice snapping her from her inner monologue.

Kara blinked several times before turning toward the beaming man that was sitting next to her. Green eyes stared at her out of a flawless face that looked like it had never been touched by the sun. Trying to smile she shook her head. "No thanks. I'm waiting on my boyfriend," she added hoping that would send the handsome man on his way.

"I'll wait with you," he grinned raising a hand to call the bartender. When the young woman arrived he held up two fingers, "I'll have a Hennessy, and she'll have another -," he paused waiting for her to say what she was drinking.

"A strawberry-kiwi martini," mumbled Kara.

The woman smiled before placing another basket of peanuts in front of them. "She's been here for almost two hours I didn't think you were gonna show up," stated the woman before sashaying off.

"Two hours," smirked the man. "I have a feeling he's not coming."

Kara gave a shrug while turning to glancing at the bar's entrance. "He's normally late," she responded hoping the man would take the hint and leave after the drinks came.

"I told you I'll keep you company until he comes," he reminded her when she turned back to stare at him. "I'm Adain," he offered with an expression saying he was waiting for her to introduce herself.

Kara stared down at his well-manicured hands before looking back into his burning green eyes. "Are you a serial killer," she asked before taking his hand. "Or one of those men the triad use to get women to leave the bars so they can be kidnapped and sold into the sex slave ring?"

Adain chuckled as he shook his head. "Nope, but at least I know you think I'm mysterious and attractive."

"I didn't say either of those," laughed Kara taking his hand finally.

Adian stared down at her right hand before glancing toward her left. "Since there are no rings on your fingers I'm -."

"I have a boyfriend," cut in Kara snatching her hand from his. "And I'm sure he'll be here soon," she added curtly just as the bartender came with their drinks.

A small smile played around Adian's lips as he replied in sarcastic tones, "I'm sure."

Kara turned ready to say more but the words lodged in her throat as she watched spellbound as he brought the tumble to his full pink lips. They looked so soft and tempting.

"See something you like," smirked Adain placing his drink on the bar. Adian leaned in closer, whispering in her ear. "If we left right now, I'm sure you're boyfriend would never know."

Kara's brown eyes widened as she turned to stare at the television screen. Beside her sat temptation incarnated and she refused to fall for it. "Did the devil send you," joked Kara before emptying the glass and standing. "Like I said," she frowned, "I'm not interested."