Truth or Dare

This is my second attempt at a first person point of view. Please be nice to me.

"There aren't enough people to play truth or dare," I laughed nervously staring between Corey and David.  I'm currently sitting between them on the love seat.   I know you're wondering why I'm in between them and to be honest, so am I.  When they arrived 30 minutes ago they just plopped down crushing me between them and neither seemed intent to move.

Our parents just left under the pretense of wanting to catch up with each other over dinner and a movie.  But the truth is they are hoping that Corey, David and I can get back to being good friends again.  Embarrassing right? My mom is so desperate for me to have friends that she made up a reason to get them over here.  What's worse, the past is telling me that they are gonna be gone for hours with a z.

I'm trying to give myself a little room hoping that one of them would take the hint and move to the matching sofa.

I sigh in frustration before I decide to squeeze from between them and move to the other couch with a huff. I stare at them waiting for one or both of them to say they need to leave.

Up until about a year and a half ago we were all the bestest of friends. We even decided to go to the same college. But one day both of them just stop talking to me. I always wanted to ask why but whenever I saw them I'd just turn and walk the other way. To be honest I've been friendless since they stop talking to me.

I was lost in my own thoughts when David spoke. For a second I forgot what we were talking about.  Oh yeah that's right they were talking about playing truth or dare.

"Nonsense," replied David a wide smile starting to cover his handsome face. 

I'm sure my cheeks turned a bright red as I stared at him.  I tried not to gawk, but he still look the same with his bluish gray eyes, short wavy blonde hair and boyish good looks. You wouldn't believe by looking at him that he was old enough to drink.

"You only need two people to play truth or dare," laughed Corey his dark brown eyes lit up from within and crinkled slightly at the corners just like they used to. 

God they are fine, I thought to myself squirming in my seat.

"I really don't know about this," I responded hesitantly turning to stare at Corey.

David walked over threw his arm around my shoulder taking my attention away from Corey. "What's the worst that could happen? We've been friends for as long as any of us can remember."

I ignored the doubt and uncertainties that nagged in the back of my mind as I stared into David's eyes.  Even though we hadn't spoken in over a year I wanted to believe deep down that I could trust them. I quickly pushed aside my doubts and mustered a half smile "You're right what's the worst that could happen."

"That's right," chuckled David with mischief in his eyes, "What's the worst that can happen?"

Thirty minutes later I know exactly how bad it could get. It started out innocent enough me always choosing truth and them choosing dare. I'd dare them to do something silly like pat their head and rub their stomach.  After a few random truth questions some how it turned to my sex life or lack there of.

After they'd got every embarrassing and dirty detail I decided to say dare.  Huge mistake!

I now stared in disbelief huddled against the back of the couch hugging a black throw pillow for dear life once again between Corey and David. 

"I'm not doing that," I shout pulling my knees up toward my chest.

"You chose dare remember," smirked David his bluish gray eyes dancing.  "Neither of us forced you to choose it."