Interrogation

PETER'S POV

Diana cuffed Neal and ushered him towards the door of his apartment.
"Peter.." Neal pleaded.
"Save it Neal." I wasn't in the mood for his games.

As the elevator reached our floor Diana led Neal out and through the office. I saw the shocked faces of the white collar unit as Neal walked through with his head down.
I don't know why Neal was so surprised that I found out he'd met with Alex, it's what I do. It's my job to know what he's up to 24/7.

NEAL'S POV

They sat me at a table in the interrogation room. Peter sat opposite me.
"Neal why did you keep this from me? Are you working with Alex?" He asked me, dissapointed.
"It's not that simple Peter.." I told him.
"How is it not that simple?" He said, angrily.
"I can't tell you. It will make Alex's situation worse." I put my handcuffed hands up onto the table and sighed.

"Well you better start talking because you're having secret meetings with a wanted girl, and incase you couldn't see, you're sitting there in hand cuffs." He reminded me.

"She's being blackmailed. Someone contacted her saying they had a potential business deal, and they wanted to meet her at a warehouse down by the docks. They never showed. 2 days later a body's found in there and there's a video of her leaving the scene. She gets a message saying she has to do exactly what they say, or the video is sent to the police." I explained.

"And we're sure this story's true. Alex had nothing to do with the body that was found?" He questioned.

"Peter, Alex may be many things, but she is not a murderer." I said sternly.

"You need to tell me everything you know Neal. We also need to see Alex. If she cooperates, we may be able to cut her a deal."

"She hates feds. I doubt she'll even speak to me if she knows you questioned me." I told him.

"You need to make her speak, because if someone out there has a video linking her to a murder, she doesn't have many options." He frowned.

*LATER THAT NIGHT*

Mozzie had recieved a message from one of his contacts and was told to give it to me. It read,
"CENTRAL PARK FOUNTAIN. 9PM. COME ALONE."
I knew it was from Alex. She would take whatever precautions to make sure the wrong people couldn't find her.
I walked to the park and waited at the fountain. It was 9:20 and she still hadn't shown. Was she ever going to?

I saw a figure approach me, as they got closer I could make out their wavy brown hair. It was Alex.

"Saw you had a nice time in handcuffs" She smiled.
I smirked back at her, "Just a regular thing now. It actually feels weird when im not wearing them." I chuckled and so did she.
"Did you tell Peter?" She asked.
"He can help." I told her.
"I dont need the help of feds, Neal." She sighed.
"You don't need it, but it will help." I explained.

"We can find who is blackmailing you. I can help. Just like the old days." I smiled.

"What and I just get to walk away a free girl? I don't think your suits would like that..." She raised an eyebrow.

"If we can find the person who blackmailed you, chances are they're a criminal we've been looking for and if they murdered someone to pin it on you, we can put them behind bars. You help us do that and Peter will have no option that to let you walk. They can't pin anything on you, you're just a suspect in a dozen cases." I laughed.

*THE NEXT DAY*

PETER'S POV

I was sitting at my desk doing the usual morning paperwork. I took a sip of my bitter coffee and screwed my face up in disgust. Why can't we have that fancy coffee in the office? Before I could answer the question Neal walked out of the elevator and behind him was Alex.
Wow, I didn't expect Neal to convince her so soon.

I walked out of my office onto the balcony that overlooked the white collar unit. Neal and Alex walked up the stairs and stopped in front of me.

"Alex" I nodded at her.
"Peter" She half smiled.

We walked into the board room and sat at the long table. Alex explained to me that she had been in contact with Don Rowland, and that she was due to meet him on thursday to give him the cash in exchange for the evidence.
I called Jones in. "Jones, can you see what you can get me on the name Don Rowland."

"Sure thing" he exited the room.

"So what, we send in Alex under cover and get Don to confess to the murder of the state senator?" Neal said, whilst leaned back in his chair.

"We wait until we know who we're dealing with." I informed him.

"I'm meant to be meeting with him tomorrow. If he doesn't see me pull of a heist and if i dont give him the money, my fingerprints and the video are turned in to the police." Alex said, concerned.

"So we pull of a heist. We fake it. Make it look real. Give him the money, and get a confession." Neal smirked at his idea.

"We keep Alex's end of the deal, he'd have no reason to believe she's working with us. We get him for murder." I added.

Jones walked back in, followed by Diana, and turned the tv monitor on.

"Don Rowland. Trained assassin. Worked with the military on several top secret cases. Went rogue 3 years ago, hasn't been spotted since." Diana explained.
"Specialises in 'clearing up' crimes of the rich and powerful, and does a damn good job of it." Jones told us as he flicked through old military photos and records of Don Rowland.

"So we think he's working for someone rich and powerful? Why would they need more money?" I asked.

"Rich people are usually the greediest" Neal said.

"Or maybe they're not rich, they're just very powerful..." He added.