Fairy Tail

Fairy where are you going?

I'm holding, all the light on to your way; 

(hikari zenbu atsumete)

this light will shine upon a brand new day!

(kimi no ashita terasu yo)

Desert Fairy

Chapter OO2;

Fairy Tail

. . . .

Chane soon found herself counting the stars as she trudged silently behind her new red headed acquaintance.

It was something she did subconsciously; counting without even realizing it. It was as though concentrating on the numbers kept the girls mind occupied, restraining her from any wandering thoughts that could break her spirits.

However, Chane found herself unable to keep her full divided attention on the flaming balls of gas above her head. Not with Erza's constant 'clunk' of armor against grassy grounds.

Erza was surprisngly good company; polite with a stern voice. Chane took a mental note of this, but remained ultimately silent for the first half of the day. The sun was hot, but neither two girls broke a sweat during their hike through the forest.

For Chane, the heat was nothing compared to the desert of Siam. She could recall hiking through the endless mounds of sandy hills with Ester, a guardian like herself, and the two would casually walk back into the gates of Siam without breaking so much as a sweat.

So to Chane, this heat was winters weather.

Then night came, and the two young woman finally reached a small village. Erza heaved the horn onto the ground with a loud thud, then proceeded to clap her hands together as if she had merely threw a sack of potatoes. "We will be taking a stop at this bar."

Chane groaned in frustration, "Onibus is only a few hours away!"

Erza crossed her arms, obviously displeased with her new acquaintance. "You don't need to inform me of things I'm already aware of."

The young ninja girl sighed, realizing how troublesome this woman before her was. As much as Chane wanted to stomp her feet and go and collect her reward before heading off to find Kageyama, defeating him, and then heading for the NEXT reward.. Erza was more intimidating then Chane would have liked to give her credit for.

"You know what,.. whatever." Like a child, Chane stormed her way through the doors of the small bar who's ageing sign read 'Midori'. Erza let out a puff of sigh, placing her fingers to her forehead in exasperation before following the bluenette in a much more calm manner.

Chane sat at the stool next to Erza, who the bartender immediately rushed over too. It seemed that Erza was well known around Fiore as Titania, not that Chane cared. She merely crinkled her nose in disgust (and hidden envy) and let out an irritated sigh as the bartender continued to explain how he was 'Such a big fan' and 'Truly moved by her strength'.

It took eveything she had not to storm out of the bar right then and there. Chane couldn't describe why she felt so riled up at the superior woman before her- Chane had no problem with competition. But the way the red head looked so calm, collected, and saved the day with ease managed to piss Chane off in a way that she was not familiar with.

Soon drinks were placed in front of the two females, and Erza took her mug solemly, taking a drink. Chane eyed the beverages cautiously, before crossing her arms. "I'm not paying for this."