Under a WHAT?!

A/N: Someone said update, so.. update!!

Desert Fairy

Chapter OO7;

Under a What?!

Fairy where are you going?

I'm holding, all the light on to your way; 

(hikari zenbu atsumete)

this light will shine upon a brand new day!

(kimi no ashita terasu yo)

Not soon enough, the exhausted group reached the big red doors of the Fairy Tail guild. Lucy had left to head home and shower, promising to meet up with them later. Chane waited to see who would depart to their home next, but Natsu, Happy, Gray, Erza and Master Makarov began to lead the way to the double doors. She followed them inside without hesitation.

Now with her second visit to the foresaken guild, Chane noticed how things seemed to be a lot less lively around the place, unlike her first visit. However, when Natsu stormed through the doors with proud stories to tell of his recent missions events, everyone seemed to have the life brought back to them. Gray followed toplessly after his pink hair friend as he stuffed his hands into his pockets with that stupid scowling grin that made Chane unsure whether she could trust him or not.

Master Makarov perched himself on a table next to Cana to have a few drinks with her, probably a way to finally cope with the fact his children destroyed a mountain, and the magic council was after them even more now.

Seeing as everyone seem to begin to settle themselves, Chane turned to Erza with a hard look.

"No more delays. I want my reward now."

Chane's comment confused Erza, and the red head raised a brow at the girl. "Delay? Wasn't it your mission for the flute that brought this on?"

Sure, she was right. But the choppy haired girl couldn't help but feel exasperated at the fact that the wizard clearly didn't understand what a nuisance they had been for her! For starters, Chane figured she would be able to snatch the Lullaby from Erigors pocket without his notice. In actuality, the girl was sure if she could simply get her hands on the flute, escaping would be no problem with her angelic boots, although Erigor did deem himself a worthy racing opponent.

Before she could prove her point valid by explaining how much more effective her sneak skills were over Fairy Tail's wham-bam-thank you-ma'am reckless style, Chane felt a familiar tingling sense on the back of her head, sensing that there was an attack coming. She dodged this instinctively, shooting her pursuer a threatening look. She was not shocked once she saw who attacked her, "What the hell do you keep swinging at me for?!"

The question gnawed at her curiosity even farther as she remembered Natsu taking a swing at her a few days ago when she was about to face off with Kageyama. Chane felt her eyebrow twitch in irritation, did he hate her or something?

"You wanna go?!" Natsu shot her an evil look as he raised a fist at the girl. Chane narrowed her eyes, soon beginning to feel threatened. Okay fine, if he wanted a fight then-

Natsu seemed to change his mind as he turned his full fiery attention to Erza, who seemed to grow into a bad mood at the boys antics. "Don't think I forgot about our fight Erza!" He threw a punch at her, to which Erza immediately gutted him, knocking the wind from his lungs.

Everyone who had been watching the entertainment in the guild sweatdropped, not surprised how Erza didn't hold back.

Chane was mortified as she took a step back, 'She killed him! She totally killed him!'