Chapter 1

Lois's POV:

Everyone is different, we all deal with lost in our own way. But at some point we all just learn how to deal with it, we accept it and the best yet the hardest thing we do for ourselves is move on and keep moving forward. It's so easy to fall into that depression and feel like there's nothing left to live for anymore. But I know that's not what he wanted me to do. That's not how he would want me to feel and I shouldn't feel that way because I've had moments were I could have died and I should be dead but I was saved. I was given a second chance at life. Some people don't get that chance and because I have this second chance and I won't take it for granted. I can't. Not after all the lives that were taken just because they were at the wrong place, at the wrong time.

It's been 19 days after the funeral and I've been keeping his mother company, making sure that she's fine and that she knows I'm here if she needs anything but she's a tough old bird. I'm the one that's a mess. We were having breakfast. The mornings were always so quiet and either of us knew how to start the day but we always managed to find a way.

Martha: So I was watching TV last night. I saw this documentary they made about Clark. They said some pretty nice things about him and they had some good footage of all the good things he had done from all over the world. It was all just so nice. I know he would have liked it and I know you would too. You should watch it. It's on the DVR.

Lois: Nah. I don't think I will.

Martha: Why not?

Lois: Because I feel like it's just gonna make me angry and I just- I rather not watch it.

Martha: Angry? That's the last thing you should feel while watching it.

Lois: Really? Watching people talk about how much of a hero he was wouldn't make you angry. And watch them talk about how much they miss him. And how much they need him now and just how much his lost is effecting everyone lives. 2 years Martha. He was saving people for like two years and people never made this for him. Why now? oh that's right because he's gone and now they are realizing just how much he did for this world. Now they appreciate everything that he has done.

Martha: Lois-

Lois: You out of everyone should know that this was all he ever wanted… To be accepted by the world but how would he feel to know that it only took his death for people to finally accept him and for them to realize that they need him now more than ever.

Martha: They didn't know him like we knew him. We can't be angry at people for that. You shouldn't feel angry-

Lois: Then how I am suppose to feel. Am I suppose to be sad because he's gone. Am I suppose to be in pain? I am suppose to be wishing that he wasn't gone? Am I suppose to be hoping that things could have ended differently? And if I am, what does that say about me. Does it make me selfish? Because I know what that would have meant for the city, world. If he didn't do what he did. That it was better for him to sacrifice himself at the time because we could have lost so much more people if he hadn't. What am I suppose to feel Martha? What am I suppose to feel? Because I don't know.

(Lois is shedding tears at this moment)

Martha: You're suppose to be proud. Because Clark knew what people thought of him. He knew that some people didn't want him here. He knew that some people even hated and envied him but he still chose to do what he did. He chose to be a hero. He chose to save the world at whatever cost that might be. Now I'll miss him until the day I die there's no doubting that but to know he died, the way that he did. Makes me glad that he died still being the amazing and wonderful man that me and Jon raised. That he proved all the people that ever doubted his intentions, wrong. And yeah it's so hard to know that this is what it took but we can't change what happened. He did this for you, for us and everyone else because that's the type of man he was.