Part 3

Four or five years  ago,   Jacopo wasn't into food or even a waiter. In a nut shell, he  admitted   that he was the epitome of a twenty-one year old--young and  stupid. He   joined the gang because he had nothing better to do apart  from college   at the Camphrier Community College. He didn't know what  to do, so he   went to find out there. He met Fraust in one of his  classes, and they   became well enough friends that he was accepted into  the gang. Even   though he hung out with the gang in his spare hours,  he still managed  to  keep up with his studies.

It was  something he got   teased for a lot. Most of the Dark Fire members were  drop outs from  high  school and his college, Fraust being close to  failing every last  one of  them. "Stop it with the book smarts, kid."  Fraust would say.  "Book's  aren't gonna save your life when there's a  knife at your  throat. It's  the street smarts that'll keep you alive."

So  Jacopo became book   smart, and street smart. He was also the only one  in the group who  never  got arrested though, mainly because of his  homework and the fact  that  he was quick enough to hear and run when  the sirens came. This   eventually became his role whenever something  was afoot. When he'd been   with the Dark Fire Gang for a year, he was  given a pokeball and the   whole gang went out to route 13 to help him  catch a Gible that had been   living there for years, uncaught and  really strong.

It was with the gang's help that he managed to befriend and capture Rusty, who after a few weeks evolved into a Gabite.

It was two months after Rusty was caught, however, was when Jacopo met Star.

He  was walking down the   street with Rusty when she caught his eye. He  could tell by her  clothes  that she was wealthy, most likely high  class. Her honey colored  hair  hung down to her waist, a red dress  around her slender figure.  She wore  sandals, very similar to those  worn by furisodes or kimono  dancers.  There a mega stone in the center  of a star shaped pendant  around her  neck, and a black leather purse  over a shoulder. She was in a  hurry to  get somewhere, and went down an  alley way.

Jacopo stiffened. That   was the Crunch Box's  territory. He shouldn't of cared but he noticed   that a few figures  followed after her moments later.

Rusty growled.

"I have the same feeling bud," Jacopo said. "Come on, let's see what's going on."

When  he got to the   opening he heard voices. The goons voices cat calling  before one made a   sharp movement. There was a thud of a body against a  wall, along with  a  muffled scream. The goon that had her was saying  something, but he   couldn't hear.

All at once it was the goons that were yelling, and an explosion rippled though the alley.

"Aw crap," Jacopo cursed, staring to run. "Rusty, get ahead of me and attack accordingly."

Rusty barked in obedience, dashing a head.

The  woman was held   against the wall by a large goon, a smaller goon near  him struggling   with a purple blob latched onto his heel.

The smaller goon pulled out a pokeball. "Tyrant, get this thing off me!!! PLEASE!!!"

A Bisharp came out, hitting the blob off with an attack that slashed its head. Night Slash from what he saw.

The blob flew off, tumbled, and landed at Jacopo's feet. "Saaaableeeyyee..."

"Hey hey! Gingi!" The small goon looked over at the large goon. "That thing's a Sableye! Those things are valuable!"

"So," the large goon said, looking the woman dead in the eyes, "it seems like you're pretty and rich." He smirked. "How about this; you give me your purse, necklace, and your pokemon there, and I'll let you go."