Chapter 7

Tris

It has now been a month since the whole incident with Al, seeing my mother and being in the infirmary has happened. I have now become familiar with the school; but not really with the people. During break and lunch times, I will just come back to the dorm, since I don't get that hungry, and then after school I'll go down early for dinner and eat at the dorm.

As you can tell, I'm not much of a social bunny.

The only people I have talked to in the past month have been Tobias and teachers. I'll be honest; I have thought about my mother's words a lot and decided that I could slowly begin to trust him again. But that was only with little things. The little things such as: not touching anything on my side of the room, not walking into the bathroom if I accidently forget to lock and knocking before entering either the dorm or the bathroom just to be sure that I am not in the middle of getting changed. There may be the odd thing here and there, but it's a working progress.

As for Zeke and Uriah, they have tried multiple times in the school corridors or turning up at my dorm room to talk things through to me. But I'm not having none of it. The one source of happiness I had in my life at the time, they prevented me from having once I lost it. It just makes me sick to my stomach on how they knew the state his 'death' had put me in and how fast things went downhill for me after he had left.

The marks on my back from Harrison and the marks on my wrists from myself are enough proof for it.

That may be why I am believing my mum so much and warming up to Tobias a little already. Because he did try to make the effort to get somewhat of some contact with me; it's just the other boys wouldn't allow it. Yes, it was completely Tobias' fault he left without a warning in the first place, but the boys just made things difficult for the 2 of us.

Maybe one day I will get over it and be okay with them again. I know it isn't that big of a deal that they wanted to keep me safe. I just hate the fact that it is as if they took my happiness and watched me suffer from the void it left in my heart.

Nothing eventful has really happened in the past month. The only thing that stands out is the fact that I get to skip the sixth form, or just basically the final 2 grades, because my knowledge is above average. Call me a nerd but at least all the tormenting, bullying and name calling that I went through all my life is finally paying off. I also have already gotten a scholarship at a well teaching college. So my dreams of running my own gymnastics team are actually going to come true.

Talking about gymnastics; I really need to sign up for a club. It gets pretty boring sitting in the dorm all day or sitting in classes while some teacher will blabber on about the primary and secondary sources of Jack The Ripper's killings.

I also need to start job searching, since I still continue to pay off my parents phone bills so that I can still hear their voices over voice mail. Me venting to them about something that has happened in my day is the only sort of connection I have left with them. That was one of the things I was bullied for back in Chicago because I never had a lot of money because I would spend it all on hearing my parents voices.

Right now I sit on my bed with my earphones in as I listen to 'I'm Not A Vampire' by Falling In Reverse. I've continued on with my shyness. I'm not as shy around Tobias as I am others, but I still don't enjoy doing a lot of talking. Thinking I will say something stupid or something that will make him think that I am weird. I know Tobias wouldn't have done that back then; but again, he may have changed in 2 years and he is still trying to gain back my trust. So far he's doing impressive.

'If home is were my heart is then my heart has lost all hope. All hope. All hope.' I hum along to the final line of the song. 'Shadows Die' by Black Veil Brides then come on as I remember Tobias had gone down to the cafeteria to get us both breakfast and that I should probably open the door and keep an eye out to help him.