>•<~three~>•<

I sighed and knocked on the door to my fifth period. "You're late miss-oh lord,again?" I rolled my eyes and winced at the pain that ensued after. "Yes,'again'. Now,would you mind giving me my damn work so I can go home?" The entire class inside was silent and Mister McArthur looked like he was going to have another heart attack. "Don't use those type of words in my classroom,miss Gold!" He yelled. Wow,I never knew that I could get to someone that easily. "Technically,I'm not in it. I'm outside of it." I sassed. His face went a bright red and his cheeks were puffed out into large bubbles. His toupee tuft of hair was springing up and down with every anger-filled breath he took. If I weren't sitting here living on the idea that when I get home,I can finally get some peace and quiet-I would probably laughing my ass off like the rest of the class. "That's it! Get out! Get out of my classroom!" I sighed dramatically and shook my head slowly. "Sir,we just discussed this,I already am out. This is why your wife suggested therapy,isn't it?" Mr.McArthur held a hand over his 'hair' and barked at the class to shut up. "If your ass isn't out of this school in two minutes,there will be hell to pay,do you hear me?!" I chuckled and smiled lightly. "Remember,don't use those words in your classroom!" I pretend to order back.

_________

"..and all I ever really wanted to do was get over him but he just makes it so hard,ya' know?" Lisa rants as she finishes brushing my hair. You see,Lisa is a stress-primper. Yeah,I didn't think it was a thing either. But I witnessed it first hand. When she gets really stressed out over something,it's best to just let her do what she wants and talk about it for a while. When my dad was still alive,he used to joke around that she's the next beauty guru. "Based on my one experience of having a boyfriend who turned out to be a complete asshole,no." I answer. She sighed and stood up from my bed. "Hey,I gotta go study for tomorrow's exam. Just,don't stay up too late,okay?" I smiled and nodded and she left,closing the door behind her. I stared at my phone,waiting for the second he texts me but it never came. I frowned and laid back on my bed,tossing my phone in a random direction. "This is stupid,why am I so hung up on a guy I have never even seen nor met before?" That's when I heard it,rustling from the tree outside my patio door. I blink vigorously,hoping I was only daydreaming and stared at it. Then I heard it again,a loud thump and a curse following there after. I furrowed my brows and sat up,still staring at it. Someone tapped on the door three times and I practically jumped out of my skin,running over to peak through the blinds. Only one person ever did that and if it was truly him,I didn't want to talk to him at all. The boy was turned around and leaning against the railing so I slowly opened the door and slipped out. I looked over to the patio table and suppressed a laugh. There sat my Chemistry homework on top of a box of pizza. Yeah,it was him. I looked back to the boy and smirked. "I didn't order any pizza." He jumped and spun around,revealing the most revolting creature that I had ever met in my entire existence,Alexander Gaskarth. True,he wasn't revolting feature-wise,or at all before,but his cowardly acts and the fact that he continues to play with my sister's emotions makes me immune to the fact that he actually is good-looking and we used to be best friends. "What do you want,Alex? If you wanted my sister,we traded rooms about a month ago." I crossed my arms over my chest. "What? No,of course not. Why would I want Lisa?" I rolled my eyes. "Maybe because she's your on-again-off-again girlfriend?" I ask sarcastically. "Oh,right,there's always that." Alex mumbled scratching the back of his neck. I scoffed. "Right,well,this was fun and all but I have a riveting hour and a half of studying to do so.." I grabbed my homework and started making my way inside. "Bye,Gayscarf."

"I'm not leaving until you eat this pizza with me." He retorted confidentially. I froze and closed the door. "Yes,you are." I looked at him through the reflection of the glass to see him smirking at me. "Nope." He says,popping the 'p'. "I'm not going until you sit and eat this fabulous meal with me." I resisted the smile that tugged at my lips. He knew I could never truly say no to him. I sighed and turned facing him. "Fine. One pizza and then you're gone,cowardly lion." He laughed and nodded,sitting on the floor. I sat across from him and he opened the box of heaven.

________

"Wanna know something I don't get?" Alex asks. He polished off the last of his crust and threw his napkin into the box. "The words 'leave me alone'?" I respond with a sarcastic smile. He laughed and shook his head. "You sure are sassier,aren't you?" I laughed and shrugged,nibbling off my last piece. "No,I don't know why you don't try in Chemistry. Like,you're so smart,Wynter. I've seen you master an algebraic equation in,like,twenty seconds before. You were even in the academic decathlon sophomore year! What changed?" Alex's eyes were soft and caring,a look I had only ever seen from Lisa,Rian,my father,Rian's mom,and my step-mother. It was at one point,I had gotten them from Jack every day after Axel and his goons would bully me. He was my rock. Then Rian transferred schools and Jack started acting all irritated and distant all the time. Then Alex,the person I leaned on the most out of everyone,who I have my protection and hindsight when in need,abandoned me. Then I became the bitch you see today. It's easier to push people away than to let them in just to get hurt in the end. I bit my lip and threw down my slice. "Goodnight,Alex."