Lumbering

We dashed across the wasteland of a town, as we were being hunted relentlessly. Charlotte stared at me, her eyes sparkling with a beauty that I had not noticed. Her smile, glistening crystalline white teeth, and vibrant blue eyes. We simply stared. Despite the chaos, the havoc, despite our chase, what may occur rather soon. We were there, and smiled. I extended my hand, brushed hair from her cheek, and leaned in. Asphalt swirling around us, as I planted a soft kiss with the tenderness and love she deserves. Her rosy cheeks, and beauty stunned me as we locked lips. 

   This is what I would have stated, if I were an absolute imbecile. 

    What truthfully happened is that an entire armada arrived as we sprinted throughout the decaying city in fright. Yellow projectiles were being blasted consistently, the sounds of cars being crunched following the savory *chink* of another round being prepared. Charlotte thrust her right hand as we dashed, a ray of green light vaporizing a line of guards.

"What exactly-are-your ferants?" I panted.

"Energy beams, and doo-dahs, the works."  Charlotte replied.

"That makes absolutely no se-"

*BOOM*

   And-

    You'll see next chapter.