Encounter

We turned slowly as a Goliath stood with a meaty hammer in its Palm. Glaring down at us with mismatched and jagged teeth it reeked of feces as it lumbered down the street, roaring.

"Ferants...ferants. Can you detect whether I have more than one? Or is it avatar metal bending for now?" I asked exasperatedly.

"Er..I'm not sure actually." Charlotte said.

These are the types of answers I get in life threatening situations. "I'm not sure."

I thrust out my hand in desperation as a chunk of metal swirled around the neck of the monster. It tightening and closing, eventually forming a leash. It swooped and fell to the ground, rising as the asphalt swarmed its fingers.

We continued to sprint, Charlotte leading until there was a large hospital being evacuated. Somehow we entered without being spotted, as she drew closer and closer to a locked room. Her peculiar ferants opened the door as a beautiful woman sat. A scar across her face, bags, and wearing jeans and a parka as well as chapped lips she smiled.

"Charlotte. You've brought him."

"Y-yes Sequoia." Charlotte stammered as though she were in front of an ancient queen.

"May I ask who you are? Or must I presume you will skewer me and send me to Alagor?" I asked nonchalantly, but also very frightened. The woman looked up at Harold, and he saw a sparkle in her eyes, mingled with sadness and excitement.

  "I am Tyra...Tyra Redwood." She said puffing out air.

"Hilarious. Truly comical, the Tyra Redwood? And I'm Quin." I snorted and laughed nervously, however Charlotte's face was stern and serious and the woman did not smile.

  "You can't expect me to simply believe that you're one of the greatest heroes alive. Everyone knows that Tyra died along with Taras and Quin." I said although that wasn't the truth. I had always believed they'd survived.

  "You know that is incorrect. Charlotte has told me of your strong belief in our existence." The woman said. Sighing I sat down on the floor as the lights flickered consistently.

  "Tell me. Tell me the story." I said shakily. Tyra's face became grim and she nodded.

  "We had been abducted-"

"You're telling me that extraterrestrials were abducted by extraterrestrials...makes sense.." I muttered. Charlotte glared for me to shut up and I nodded

   "Indeed, this story is very illogical, however, it is the truth. We were abducted by Alagor's reinforcements, he took us to his private meeting room in which he killed Taras using his blade, Caedes, and Quin..." She gulped as tears formed in her eyes. "Quin was tortured, beaten ruthlessly, a shrivel of blood and his face was-" Tyra turned away and wiped her eyes. "He was beaten horribly, his face unrecognizable. Alagor turned to me in which he wished to keep me as a servant for his other generals and guards. I agreed as a method of escape. It was utterly horrible. I had to clean, feed, as well as nurture these beasts, some requested that I slept with them, of course I refused. I began a streak of homicides, slowly picking off lower members to higher, and remained undetected. The majority of the creatures obeyed me, my ferant is animal manipulation of course leading to my success. I was prepared to depart, sadly the twins never discovered that Amadeus Holmes, our mentor, was their father-"

   "I was correct!" I yipped and punched the air in triumph. Charlotte frowned and I cleared my throat and nodded.

Real classy.

"As I planned my escape daily, I found the bodies of the twins hung like a shrine, however, it was used to humiliate them. Eventually given the task to burn their bodies, I salvaged Quin's watch, a very crucial gadget that I fixed, although he wouldn't have admit it." She said smiling at the ceiling.

   "Did you and Quin happen to be hitting the honcho? Play donkey kong? Pong?" I asked.

Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.

Tyra blushed and gasped. "O-oh no of course not. We were merely acquaintances in our quest!" She said flustered.

"Sure." I nodded.

"Thus I escaped. Causing a mass amount of havoc and turning the Aelian creatures on one another, I was able to use a remaining escape pod. And remain here." She said wistfully.

"Why is the security so lethargic? It seems like anyone can casually use an escape pod if they say that they ate a ham sandwich." I grumbled. Tyra mustn't have heard.

  "Harold. Quin actually wanted you to have his watch." Charlotte stepped in.

"Quin hardly knew me! I simply was an oatmeal flicking kid obsessed with them, they were my heroes as the oldest." I said.

  Fanboy commencing.

"Actually Quin-"

"Is my father?" I asked jokingly. Charlotte giggled at that one.

See? I happen to reel in the females.

"I suppose Quin saw something special in you. He-he never got the opportunity to explain." Tyra said wincing and looking away. There was a rumbling noise and the lights completely went out, a groaning sound was heard as the very same beast swatted a piece of the hospital away. We either had to escape, or be crushed.