Chapter Three

The next morning, Samantha left her long hair down and dressed in a knee length white dress covered in a delicate red flower pattern. She chose matching white sandals and made sure to pack a small back pack with a change of clothes and her bathing suit as Michael had instructed. Excitement was practically pouring from her body as she carried her backpack out of her room towards the front door. Marcus would be arriving any minute.

"Hey Sam, where are you going?" Vicky asked from the couch.

"Don't wait up," Samantha simply replied before walking out the door.

"Miss O'Connor, it's a pleasure to see you again," Marcus greeted once she exited the building. She smiled up at him and reached out her hand to shake his outstretched one.

"You as well and thank you for what you did, Marcus. I didn't even realize you were listening in the limo yesterday and I honestly thought I would never see Michael again but thanks to you, I'm on my way back to Neverland," She stated as she clutched her backpack in front of her.

"It was my pleasure," Marcus replied with a smile before taking her bag from her hands and opening the limousine door. Samantha climbed in and before she knew it, the limo made its way through the streets of Los Angeles then out towards the mountains and rolling plains of Los Olivos. Samantha had gotten so deeply lost in her thoughts that before she knew it, they were pulling up to the gates of Neverland and she couldn't for the life of her wipe the smile from her face.

Marcus parked the vehicle before making his way around to open her door for her.

"Thanks again, Marcus. I owe you one," Samantha stated sincerely before making her way up the stone pathway towards the front door. She stopped momentarily when she saw Maria open the door and step out to greet her but her worry vanished when she was welcomed with the same warm smile as yesterday.

"Samantha, I'm so glad you came back," Maria said sweetly as she pulled Samantha into a hug. She closed her eyes for a moment to take in the sweetness of this woman who knew nothing about her.

"I'm extremely grateful to be back," Samantha replied.

"Come, let's get you inside. Did you bring anything with you?" Maria asked.

"Yes, this is her bag," Marcus chimed in, suddenly beside them as he handed her bag to Maria.

"Excellent, come. Michael is waiting for you," Maria stated as she ushered her inside.

Samantha felt her heartbeat quicken as she followed Maria through the house. Michael was waiting for her? She was pretty sure it should be the other way around but the thought warmed her straight to her soul. They continued on until they came to a sliding glass door which looked like it lead to the backyard.

"Michael! Mi amor, you have a guest!" Maria called out. Samantha smiled at the adoring way Maria called out for Michael. She could tell the woman had been working for him for quite some time. Her motherly love towards him was obvious simply in her words.

"Samantha!"

She looked to her right and smiled when she saw Michael jogging towards them with multiple younger kids and a few teenagers trailing behind him. He was dressed in a red silk button up shirt along with the same black slacks and black loafers. His hair was once again tied back with a hair tie but multiple curls had come loose and hung around his face. He was also wearing his favorite black fedora. Once he reached her, he took her hand in his and brought it to his lips to place a soft kiss on her knuckles.