Chapter 1- swords and cross

This is a fan fic for the book fallen by Lauren Kate. this is my first fan fic I'm open to all comments and criticism and remember this is my first one. If ur reading this I really appreciate it. I've been talking for a long time so on to the story

Elizabeth was walking down the hallway of her new reform school, swords and cross. The halls were empty and Elizabeth's footsteps echoed. Only she couldn't hear them, her mind was on something else or to be more precise someone else. Even though it was a long time ago, Elizabeth could still see his sparkling green eyes she could never get tired of looking into. She kept walking until she hit something hard. Elizabeth looked up and saw a pair of green eyes looking back at her. She looked up at him shocked. His arm was blocking her path and he was also leaning against the wall. "My names Cam" he said. She almost fainted, but this isn't a cliche movie.

*flashback*

It was January 19,1886. A couple was walking through the fresh snow, hand in hand. The boy was tall, broad shouldered ad had sparkling green eyes. He was staring at the girl with so much love and passion, she blushed. The girl had light brown curly hair that went up to the middle of her back. The top of her head was covered in white snowflakes that fell gracefully from the trees. The boy pushed one strand of hair that fell in front of her face behind her ear. Her icy blue eyes looked into his green ones. If anyone saw the couple they could easily tell that they were in love. "Please don't go" she whispered. A tear escaped from her eye, he quickly brushed it away. "I don't have a choice" he replied and his voice cracked ever so slightly. Then he added "I love you, for all eternity" The boy kissed her gently and walked the other way. The girl watched his silhouette fade away and a pair of white wings shot into the sky. She sighed he was gone.

*end of flashback*

Elizabeth was back in the hallway at swords and cross. Cam continued talking. "Do I know you, you seem really familiar?" "you don't even know" she thought.

To cam she shook her head. She tried to move but Cam blocked her way again. "Well a pretty girl like you must have a name." Cam smirked.

'"Don't listen to him" she told her self. To him she said "I have to get to class"Cam's face fell then brightened up as if he got an ideas.

"I'll walk you to class" Before she could protest, he took her program and guided her to Miss Sophia's class which happened to be the same one he was in. Throughout the class, Cam tried to find out Elizabeth's name. He sent notes saying stuff like 'Well mystery girl, why don't you I find out your name when we go on our date tonight'. Whenever she got then, she rolled her eyes making Cam smirk.

Then there was a large smacking sound. Elizabeth looked up to see Cam being hit in the head by...Gabbe. Oh it's just gabbe she thought. She did a double take, Gabbe!! She stared at her in disbelief. If Gabbe was here the so would Arrianne , Roland, Molly, Daniel and Luce. Daniel was always like a brother to her. Snapping out of her daydream she saw a girl with dark black hair pinching an announcer. How can a mortal see the announcers. It was only when the girl turned around she saw it was Luce but how could she see the announcers. Elizabeth quickly glanced at Cam out of instinct and saw that he was shocked as well. When class ended Elizabeth caught up up Gabbe.

"Gabbe?" she turned around looking at Elizabeth. "Do I know you?" she asked with her thick southern accent.

'Did I change that much' se thought as she fingered her newly cut chair with blonde highlights that went up to her shoulders.

"It's me Elizabeth."

"ELIZA!!!!" Her ecoes booming across the halls giving them strange looks. Ignoring the stares, Gabbe gave her a bone crushing hhuge hen slapped her on the arm.

"Ow what the hell was that for?!" But Elizabeth never got her answer because she was being dragged across the school. Once they entered a room, Gabbe let go of her.

"Now what was tha-" Eliza got cut off. "What happened?" her voice was soft and caring. She couldn't help but feel guilty.

"About what, why I left or about me and him?" The words came out harsh and bitter. As soon as they came out of her mouth, Eliza regretted them easily. Before Gabbe could say or do anything, the door opened revealing a tall red head. She recognized her as Molly. "Gabbe do you....." she trailed off when she saw Elizabeth. "Eliza?" she whispered in disbelief. She nodded. Molly smirked saying "Welcome back".

Gabbe signaled to her to go on. Sighing she obeyed. "I realized he didn't love me anymore and I was-"

"Sick and tired of being 2nd to Luce" It was like Molly read her mind. "

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys I was leaving but it felt like a good decision at the time. And one of you guys were bound to tell him." Elizabeth felt ashamed. After years she finally realized her excuse for leaving was stupid and cowardly. She didn't face her problems or confront him about it, she panicked and walked away.