How

*Claressa's POV*

   After the celebration, I ordered the chest to be brought to my chambers. Kara came with me:

   "Kara, what do you know about dragons?" - I asked her, looking down at the egg.

   "There are four kinds of dragons, my queen. Ice dragons, fire dragons, wind dragons and earth dragons. - Kara answered. - "Ice, fire and wind dragons are somewhat similar in appearance. They are all huge beings, when they grow, covered by scales, with two legs and two wings, which they use as forelegs and obey only a queen, but don't be foolish to mistake them for slaves. Dragons of the same species have identical patterns."

   "Then how do their owners recognise them." - I asked, curious.

   "They don't. Two dragons of the same species can't exist at the same time." - Kara said. - "The scales of the ice dragons are ice blue with white and light gray shades. They breathe pure ice that could even freeze burning fire. Fire dragons are as red as blood with fiery orange and black shades. Their flaming breath could melt both stone and steel for mere seconds. Wind dragons are mint green with breath that could blow away the top of a mountain, and if the dragon is old and strong enough, the mountain whole would be blown away." - Kara explained.

   "What about earth dragons? You haven't said a word about them." - My curiosity was growing.

   "Earth dragons are ... let's say calm." - Kara said but she wasn't sure if that was the right word to use.

   "What do you mean by 'calm'. - I asked.

   "Earth dragons are weak, useless even, in the North, the South, and the West. They can't do any harm. They are longer then the other three species but slender with no legs at all. Only with two wings on their backs. At the time they were present, people referred to them as the 'winged serpents'. Their breath could revive dead plants, and help for their growth. When Compoundia divided into four separate kingdoms 1000 years ago, and when dragons were present, the East queens used dragons to make their land fertile." - Kara answered my question.

   "Now the most important question. Do you know how I can hatch my frozen egg?" - I asked, as this was the thing that mattered to me the most.

   "I am sorry to disappoint you, my queen, but this question I cannot answer. - Kara said, looking down at her feet.

--------------------------------------------------

'How' contains 418 words.

This chapter explains the dragons in the world of Compoundia, and asks a question that is really important for the story.

Thank you for reading! Another chapter will be added next Tuesday!