Chapter 13

Charlotte's POV

I curled my hair and put on the last of my makeup. Today is graduation. I was excited and scared. Excited because I was finally done with school. Scared because I wasn't ready to move on. My life had changed so much in the last four years. I never would have thought that I would have been adopted. I never thought I would find friends after Kaylee left me. I couldn't have asked anymore of Nate. It was his decision to leave the house that day to come to Mrs. Lane's Home for Girls. He could have picked any other girl, but he chose me. And it's because of me that Morgan is my mom. That I have a brother. Nate knocked on the bathroom door. "Are you ready to go?" He asked. I brushed off my dress and opened the door. Morgan had Nathan in the stroller and my garment bag with my cap and gown hanging off the back. I grabbed my bag and we got into the car. Nathan sat next to me in the back seat. I tickled his stomach and he giggled. We got to the venue and I went to find the rest of my class. Malia was wearing a dress that made her look like a slut. And of course, everyone was saying she was so pretty. I rolled my eyes and started to put of my graduation gown. I settled the cap on my bubblegum pink hair. Myka came up from behind me and grabbed my shoulders. "So excited! We're almost done!" I grabbed my phone and told Myka to pose. I took a picture of the two of us. "We are the cutest." I said to her. Amber came up to us with her cap in her hand. "Have you guys seen Kile or Lyanna? They were supposed to pick me up." "No clue." I said. As if on cue, they both ran in. We said nothing and continued to get ready. Soon, we were told to line up according to our last name. We had all known each other since middle school so knowing last names wasn't difficult. Of course, I was stuck next to Malia. She was behind me with my last name being Sharp and hers being Snell. We refused to talk to each other. We all walked together to our seats and the principal came out and started to talk. As he did, I thought back to some memories from the last four years.

Flashback

Nate opened a can of paint and poured it into a pan. We took our roller brushes and started to paint the walls. I then had an idea. With my smaller brush, I dipped it in the paint and painted a red line down Nate's arm. He didn't notice. We continued to paint when I heard him yell. "What's this?" He demanded. "I don't know. Maybe you brushed your arm against the wall." He shook his head, took his paint brush and painted a line down my arm. "Hey!" This started a war between us. He managed to get my forehead and I somehow managed to get the back of his t-shirt. The paint brushes tickled against my skin. "Alright, let's stop." I smiled and continued on my wall.

End

"Baker." I looked up and saw my fellow classmates standing up to get their diplomas. Lyanna walked up on stage soon after. I expected to hear the Caspers cheering, but heard nothing. We made it through all the last names before mine quickly. "Sharp." I stood up and walked onto the stage. The principal handed me my diploma and I shook his hand. In the distance, I could hear Nate and Morgan cheering. I walked off the stage and back to my seat. Malia went next. She never acknowledged her family cheering in the crowd. Last but not least in our class was Myka. Her last name was Zimmer. She was always last for everything. But that didn't mean she wanted to be ignored. Myka sat down and the principal talked again. "Congratulations Class of 2019. May your futures be bright." We all cheered and threw our caps into the air. I caught mine and we all left to find our families. Kile and Lyanna left together. They had barely talked to us all day and I was worried they wouldn't be at my graduation party tonight. Amber found me and we both cheered. We were both so happy we were done. Hale found me as well and kissed my lips. "Ahh, get a room!" Amber yelled. Myka hopped onto Amber's shoulders. Nate and Morgan met me outside with a camera. "Come on, just one." Morgan asked. I posed with my diploma in my hands and Morgan snapped the picture. She then asked my friends to get in with me. "You said only one!" I yelled. "Ha ha ha, I lied." Nathan had then crawled over to me and I picked him up in my arms. The picture was taken and we parted ways. They had promised to meet me at my house later for the party. We walked to the car and drove back home. I walked out to the mailbox when we parked. Most of it were bills. But one on the bottom had my name on it. I walked back into the house and placed the table next to the door. "Mom! Dad! Can you come here!" I yelled from the door. "Shh, Nathan just fell asleep." Morgan said. Nate followed close behind. "Sorry." I gripped onto the thick letter in my hand. "Charlotte, what's that?" Nate asked. "I don't know. But it has my name on it." I opened the seal and pulled out a letter and a thick packet. "Charlotte Sharp. We are pleased to tell you that you have recieved a scholorship to the Royal Academy of Music for the next semester. We look forward to seeing you at orientation next September." "Charlotte, that's great! We're so proud of you!" Morgan said, giving me a hug. "Mom, the Royal Academy is in England. I would have to leave the country" She let go when the words sunk in. "I can't take this. I don't want to leave you again." Nate shook his head. "Charlotte, do you know what this will to for you? This could jumpstart your career." I didn't want this. It felt like Laura and James were taking me back to London again. And I had no say in it. "You don't get it. I don't want to leave the country. I don't want to leave the state. I don't want to leave you or Nathan. I feel like I get no say on how my future will turn out. And that hurts." I started to walk up to my room. "Charlotte," Nate started. I put a hand up and went up to my room.