《 kisses and surprises 》

"That was perfect." Flora lay back down on the pillow with a satisfied sigh. "You're so good at this!"

Beside her, Sean leaned over to kiss her bare shoulder. "You trained me well."

She turned and smiled, squinting her eyes lazily at him. The bed sheet rubbed against her skin. "Really hope to welcome you again back soon. How would you rate your stay?"

"Well, it's cramped in there with almost no room...it's also very hot, like is your air conditioner broken? The bathroom is leaking pretty bad too." He shook his head in disapproval, and then his fake frown smoothed out. "But I'd give it a ten out of ten and I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else than Suite Florgina."

She chuckled and covered her face with one hand. "Your blend words are awful."

Sean closed his eyes, his lips tilting up into a smile. He had said before that she could wake him up anytime when she was up for it, and he hadn't seem to mind when his nap was interrupted. It was a Saturday and they could finally take their time, lie in bed and not worry about being late for work.

His cell phone beeped.

Sean sighed with his eyes still closed. "Can you check who that is and answer for me?"

It wasn't the first time he made a request like that. He didn't have a password on his phone, and he always left his email account open on his laptop too. Flora couldn't even be bothered to snoop, knowing he hid nothing from her.

She reached over for his phone on the night stand, swiped and checked. "It's just Jake sending you another funny cat video."

He groaned. "Tell him to get a life."

Flora glimpsed at the previous messages and saw it was a group chat between the three musketeers. Dylan was saying something about his kids and Jake mentioned visiting Jessica. Sean didn't respond much at all. She knew he wasn't a fan of texting and would rather meet them in person instead.

"Hey, did you tell Dill and Jake about me?" she asked.

"Not yet."

She pushed him on the shoulder lightly. "Why not? It's been two months already."

"You're going to laugh," he said, "but I'm afraid I'll jinx it."

Flora had already shared the news with everyone she knew, from Sean's sister Linda (who couldn't stop crying through the hiccups, saying she was overjoyed), to her own parents (who told her it'd better be serious because they'd just spent the past eight years trying to get over him), to the girl who did her French Manicure as well as her hairstylist. The last two didn't know the significance of her getting back with him, but at least they were kind enough to squeal over his photos.

"Can I tell them?" she asked. "I want them to hear this from us." In Flora's world, being friends meant hearing relationship status updates firsthand. She got mildly offended when she was informed too late, especially from an outside source and she had to act like she knew already.

"I don't think they care where they hear it from," Sean said, "but sure, go ahead."

Flora started typing. "Sean can't come to the phone right now," she read, her fingers moving over the screen. "This is Flora Morgan reporting live from Brooklyn, NYC."

The phone buzzed alive with notifications.

Jake: 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Jake: does this mean what I think it means

Jake: wait lemme sit down first

Dylan: are you guys a thing now!!!!!??????