《 kisses and forever 》(1)

dear all, i know it's been forever (title reference!) since i last updated. i'm truly sorry if you're one of those people who are anxiously waiting to hear from me. i promised an epilogue-y bonus chapter and here it is!

for the ease of reading and editing, i've divided this into three parts. the last part is the final end where you'll learn what Sean and Flora is currently up to, but the first two parts will focus entirely on Jessica and Jake, two characters i wish to see happy (this is what a "bonus chapter" means by my definition—a chapter that spotlights different perspectives/characters.) given that i've written an entire sequel to satisfy you, my dear readers, i believe it's time for me to write what my heart desires. i'd completely understand if you wish to skip this, but i'd be eternally grateful if you still choose to support me.

i suggest reading "a gentleman's guide to hooking up" first if you forgot about Jessica and Jake, but briefly: they met when they were 18 and dated for three years in college. before the start of senior year, Jake announced they broke up because they were tired of each other. it was mentioned through the chapters that they kept in touch, but no details were shared; you're about to find out now. happy reading x

Katelyn Hamilton shifted on the bar stool, regretting once again of choosing to wear the tight blue dress she borrowed from her sister. The woolly texture made her itch under the bra straps, but it was the price she had to pay if she wanted to grab the cute bartender's attention. She had been trying and failing for the past ten minutes already.

Scratch cute. Cute wasn't quite enough to capture his athletic build, his hair of soft gold and those turquoise eyes that promised disaster. Katelyn had the worst taste in men and they all turned out to be utter disappointments, which was why she tried to pick out the best-looking ones to eventually hurt her.

Mr. Disaster was now leaning against the door, talking to the bar owner, a young Hispanic guy who looked like he worked out rigorously. Their voices were dimmed and washed out by the background noise, but judging from the animated hand gestures, they were deep in discussion about something serious.

A few seats to her left, a couple stood up to leave.

Katelyn took a brief glance out of habit. The young woman had a timid expression on her face. It was almost like she was afraid of her company. When the man slid his arm around her waist, she squirmed. Katelyn forgot to think about the hot bartender for a moment. As she tried to decide if she should be alarmed, the bar owner, who was chatting and seemingly not paying attention a minute ago, stepped in to block the exit. "Everything okay there?"

"Yeah, we're just leaving," the man said. The young woman took a small step back.

Seeing the opening, the bar owner moved to place himself between the couple. "Why don't you go on first," he suggested to the man, and to the woman, "Are you sure you're okay?"

The woman shook her head hesitantly. "She's fine," the man said.

"Well, I don't feel fine about this, sir." The bar owner switched the leather motorcycle jacket he was holding to the other hand, and everyone could see his tattooed biceps bulge. He was ripped. "We'll take care of her."

The man pushed open the door and left, but not before tossing out a curse word to demonstrate he had the last word. Mr. Disaster sat the young woman down and poured her a glass of water. He talked to her until eventually she started to smile. When he asked her if she wanted help getting an Uber, she nodded.