The End - Sneak Peak of Book Two

Love brought them together. Would tradition tear them apart?

Enjoy this sneak peak from "The Bed Wife Chronicles- Collector's Edition" (available on Amazon, B&N and iBooks) which includes all three books of the series, along with exclusive maps and Kingdom information.

The Prince had risen early, before dawn. He found little time to sleep, and when he did, his dreams were filled of violence and death. He longed for the days when he slept all night with Luana in his arms. He wanted more than anything to return to Grasmere and be with Luana while she carried his child, but he could not abandon Mirstone without being certain the trolls had been banished.

He stood up from the bed and pulled on a pair of black trousers to cover his nakedness. Making his way across the tent, he lit a couple of candles on the long table that he and his men used for planning strategy and discussing battle plans. The candles fanned orange colors against the papers that were strewn across the table. Baylin sat down near where the candle light was brightest and began studying the maps of the area, yet again. He had spent more time than he could count going over the maps. There must be a hidden pass somewhere. The Prince was certain that many of the troll hordes had somehow escaped both the fire and his men's swords.

As he studied the maps, his eyes began to weigh heavy on him. The dim light and loss of sleep made his eyes flutter as they struggled to stay open. Before he knew it, sleep had taken him.

Baylin was in his bed chamber in Grasmere. The rising sun shone through the window and threw a blanket of orange over the room. He felt the comfort of his soft bed beneath him and the warmth of Luana's body snug against his own. The sensation of their bodies touching aroused him.

The Prince reached out and placed a hand on Luana's hip. She stirred sleepily and turned to him smiling.

Baylin ran his hand across her waist and laid it against her slender stomach. His eyes flashed from her stomach to her face as panic took hold. "Our child, where is..."

"Shh," Luana placed a finger gently against his lips to quiet him. "Your son is healthy and fine. Would you like to meet him?"

Baylin's face lit up in a wide grin as he sat up in the bed. "A son? I have a son?"

Luana smiled warmly and left the bed, walking over to a small ornately carved wood cradle just beyond the end of the bed.

Baylin rose to his feet slowly as he watched Luana bend over and pick up a soft, round, rosy-cheeked baby. His heart caught in his throat as she carried the baby to him.

Luana smiled as she presented the child. "Baylin, I'd like you to meet your son."

"My son? My son." Baylin didn't even try to stop the tears. He happily let them flow freely as Luana placed the cooing, wiggly bund in his arms.

Baylin leaned in and kissed the baby boy on the top of the head. The youngster wiggled at the touch of the Prince's scratchy beard.

Luana giggled, "He's perfect isn't he?"

Baylin looked up at Luana through tear filled eyes. "Yes. Perfect. You both are."

Luana came up on the tips of her toes to kiss Baylin gently on the lips. She then slid the baby from his arms and placed it back in the cradle ever so gently. She then turned back to him and playfully pushed him backward until he fell back on the bed.

Luana climbed on top of Baylin, straddling him and leaned in to kiss him. "I've missed you."

"And I, you," Baylin ran his hands along the curve of her hips as Luana began gently grinding against him.

Luana's kiss became more intense as she tore at the laces of his tunic, attempting to remove it. "Make love to me."

Her words stirred him. It had been so long since he had been able to gaze upon her. He wanted to show her how much he loved her. The sensation of her mounting him sent waves of pleasure over his body. As she began to push her hips back and forth, he grabbed her waist, guiding her lunges as he thrust inside her.

Baylin moaned as he felt himself coming close to the edge. He closed his eyes as his body shuttered, waiting for the pleasure to come. Just as climax was upon him Luana screamed out in terror.

His eyes flew open, the sun's warm rays were gone and the room had gone completely dark. He could feel Luana and hear her screams, but the room was black as night.

"Luana!" Baylin screamed, grabbing hold of her.

The chamber came to light. In an instant it turned to night and the room was filled with thousands of candles dripping deep red drops of blood on the floor. Baylin's eyes adjusted and he could see Luana before him, with a sword stuck through her, blood running down her front. The sword was suddenly removed and Luana fell in a heap on top of him.

"No!" Baylin screamed out in terror as he took Luana in his arms. "No! What is this?"

Luana was on the brink of death, gasping with every breath. "I... I told you... she... Isla... Cad..."

"Luana!" The Prince cried out as tears ran down his face. He shook her fiercely but she would not wake. Luana lay dead in his arms as he cried her name.

Baylin heard a sinister laugh and a baby cry from behind him. He turned quickly at the sound to find Princess Isla standing there, holding a blood soaked sword.

The Prince laid Luana down on the bed and turned to face Isla. "Why? Why would you do this?"

The Princess continued to laugh, but did not say a word.

Anger and hatred boiled in Baylin's veins. Just as he was about to lunge at her he heard the baby cry again. He turned his head to see Lord Cadman holding his son cupped in one arm and holding a dagger with the other hand.

"My son," Baylin pleaded. "Please do not harm him. Do what you will with me, but please don't."

Lord Cadman sauntered up to Baylin as though Luana had not just died in his arms. "Now why would I harm the heir of Grasmere? We need him alive."

Baylin was confused. "We?"

Princess Isla laughed again. Her eyes bleed to black and a serpentine forked tongue slid out of her mouth, kissing the air.

"What is this?" Baylin asked as terror filled his thoughts. "Why do you need my son?"

Cadman's eyes appeared to glow crimson as he fixed his gaze on Baylin. "The heir is mine."

Baylin screamed out in agony as he felt the sharp pain of Cadman thrusting the dagger deep into his stomach.

Prince Baylin woke with a jerk. As he looked around his tent, gathering his senses, he saw that the sun had risen. He could hear the sound of birds singing and the muffled rumble of men talking. It was only a dream. He was covered in a cold sweat, his heart still racing from the intensity of the nightmare.

He stood, trying to shake off the tingling of terror that still flowed through his veins. It was only a dream. He walked to the opening of the tent and threw back the flap, letting the cool morning air kiss his skin. The sensation helped to wake his senses and calm him. It was only a dream.