Chapter 19

19

Angel peered into the darkness that surrounded her. She could hear a steady drip-drip-drip somewhere in the distance as water dropped from some unseen faucet into a pool of some kind. The cool air caressed her skin, and she shivered. A sense of deja vous tickled the back of her mind, but she couldn't figure out why. She had no idea where she was, or how she had gotten there, either. Her last memories were of her and Jared crawling into his massive king sized bed and snuggling before falling asleep.

A soft rustling noise behind her had her spinning around in place. She could just make out the shadow of some thing, or someone, huddled on the floor of the dark room. Slowly, she made her way closer to the bundle. As she got closer, she realized it was a person laying in the fetal position in the corner of what she figured was a small jail cell.

Before Angel could wake the person, she heard the creak of a door, followed by heavy footsteps coming down the corridor outside the small wooden door she now saw was set in a wall opposite from where the small form lay. Another creak and weak yellow light faintly spilled into the space. She turned her head and watched as the person slowly sat up.

"Wake up, bitch," a man's voice echoed in the small space.

"I'm awake, moron," a woman's voice replied.

"That's good to hear," the man said. "He's on his way back down here, and you know how he hates to wait on you."

"I said I'm awake, Allen," the woman repeated to what Angel now knew was her guard. She still didn't know where she was or who the woman was, all she knew was neither she, nor the guard, were able to see her.

"Why's he coming back so soon? He was just here yesterday," the woman said as she finally turned to look at Allen.

Angel gasped as she took in the sight of the woman's face. She was in her early forties, and her blond hair hung in greasy tangles around her bruised face. That wasn't what had made her gasp, however. No, Angel didn't even notice the bruises as she gazed at the woman's face.

Instead it was the woman's features that took Angel's breath away. The woman looked like her! She had the same heart shaped face, soft jaw line, long, straight nose, and slightly slanted eyes above high cheekbones. The only difference Angel could see was the woman was older, and she had blue eyes, not green.

'Holy hell!' Angel thought. 'Its my mother!'

"I don't know, Becca. You'll have to ask him that," the guard, Allen, replied before stepping away from the door. A moment later, Angel felt her hackles raise as Robert's face filled the window.

"Ah, I see the whore is awake," Robert sneered as he looked in on his sister.

"Robert, what do you want? You already came and gloated about how you found my daughter last night. You taunted me with the fact that you're going to force her into your pack, and you're going to imprison her in this cell with me. What more could you want to rub in my face?"

Robert glared at Rebecca when she began to speak. Angel could tell he was seriously deranged when she watched him slowly grin as her mother repeated his plan. She shivered as realization dawned on her.

Her mother had been abducted by her own brother.

'But, why?' Angel wondered as she watched the look of pure hatred cross her uncle's face.

"Who said I wanted to rub anything in your face, bitch?" Robert asked his sister. "I'm just spending time with you as I wait for the phone call from your whore daughter's new alpha. I want you to be the second person to know when that prick calls."