Chapter 13

<=Chapter 13=>

Two day passed after the message I found in my jacket. When we came home from the dinner, I showed it to James. As he read it, his fist clenched tight and he frowned. Fortunately for me and Drew, he done nothing...except that he was mad at me for not telling him earlier.

 I did try to explain everything to him, like I knew about the message days before him.

We haven't talked after our...discussion.

It was uncomfortable to live with James, he was very froward and speculative. At least I had plenty of time to enjoy in the house that was more like a palace than a house.

 It had three living rooms, kitchen, dining room and four bedrooms plus two bathrooms. Compared to my brother's house, this was Heaven on Earth.

I heard James walking in the living room, he recently came back from the town, I wasn't so curious to ask him why did he even go. Furtively, I hid behind large wooden doors next to the kitchen, watching him pacing around in the living room. He looked nervous and deep in his thoughts.

I bit my lip and slowly walked to him.

''James?''

James didn't even care to look up, he fixed his glare on floor, his face grim.

''Just talk to me...please? It wasn't my fault, I noticed the paper as we walked out the restaurant, not ages ago, plus you couldn't do anything anyways, we don't know if Drew even wrote this.''

He looked up when I said the last part about Drew. I didn't know him well but when he looked aside, stared at the empty wall, I knew he was hiding something from me.

''James what do you know?''

It was a hiss but I didn't care, he needed to tell me everything before it's too late.

''It wasn't Drew who wrote the message.''

I wasn't so surprised, Drew would never do something like that, no matter how evil he may be. Curiosity made me go crazy so I shot another question at him.

''Then who did?''

''My girlfriend.''

His answer annoyed me and pissed me off but I somehow remained calm although I had to bite my lip again to calm my nerves down.

''Your ex girlfriend?''

''No, my...present girlfriend.''

He was so calm like he didn't even care. First he went all protective, possessive and sweet on me and now he is comfortable enough to tell me he has a girlfriend in one second? I seriously wanted to punch something, I was so jealous, furious...rejected.

My brothers were right when they said I'm too mushy when it comes to love but I can't help myself, love hurts the most and the worst.

''Then go to your...present girlfriend and leave me the hell alone!''

''Come on, don't be a drama queen, I love you and you know that!''

I shrugged at his disgusting act, it made me sick. Love made me sick.

''Well obviously you love her more. Go, I don't mind, I'll pack my stuff and return to my brothers, at least they'll respect me.''

He stormed off, slamming the door after himself. I quivered in fear, it reminded my of my father.

What have I done so wrong? First I fell in love with Drew and he humiliated me, then said he's sorry and admitted he loves me, wanted to attack James...and James was also sweet and caring and yet look at him now, he's...