We Meet The Matthews

PREVIOUSLY, IN THE SEEN NOT HEARD SERIES:

"Nicole, will you marry me?"

Two Weeks Later...

As Idina Jennings sat in the car, headed out to Philly, her bags sit in the trunk, the brunette girl saw Eric Matthews driving, every once in a while looking over to her mother, Nicole Jennings and smiling, secretly holding her hand at every red light. Idina looked to Nicole's beautiful ring on her finger and grinned. Farkle Minkus sat next to the brunette in the back seat, he took her hand and rubbed it gently.

"So how is Lucas with Maya?" Farkle questioned her.

"Well," Idina replied, turning forward and tilting her head as she thought in depth about the situation going on in another car nearby, "Knowing Maya she tried for about five and a half seconds before going all Hop-a-long, Moral Compass, Bucky McBoing Boing crazy," she wore a straight face as she predicted, before the two burst into laughter, as if it was their own little inside joke.

Farkle jumped slightly in his seat, tapping his foot nervously from excitement. He didn't normally get to take trips with his friends, mostly only his parents to exotic places. It was his mother's birthday that weekend, in fact, and his father had already planned a trip for the three Minkus's to Greece. The genius boy was heartbroken that all his friends were going to Philly, and he was going to be stuck in some foreign country when he'd rather be just a few hours away from his home with the people he cared about the most. So, he had begged and begged and begged until his parent's had finally agreed to let him go with his friend's for the weekend. However, they had said that a trusted adult needed to watch him. For this, Farkle turned to his girlfriend's mother, and Nicole was more than happy to take on the task.

Even though the weekend was about Nicole and Eric, she wanted to see Idina happy, she wanted her daughter to feel as little nervousness as she possibly could.

Idina wasn't good with meeting most new people, she often would freeze up. But, this time, was different, she was meeting her future family, that was a lot to handle for the young future high schooler. The glasses wearing girl washed in relief that her friends would be there with her if anything went haywire.

Maya and Lucas were in another car not too far behind. They rode with Shawn and Katy. The two geniuses could only predict what mischief the sassy blonde and kind tan boy could have been getting into.

Most of the Matthews' clan was already in Philly, their native hometown. Idina was good friends with their son, Josh. He was already at their final destination, helping set up.

Idina's phone binged, she looked down to her purple cased device, having received a text from Riley. The brunette girl had just arrived, they'd left a couple hours earlier than the others, since her parents were in charge of the event for the weekend.

A celebration was in order indeed, two new people would soon be joining the Matthews family. Eric couldn't have been happier about that. That weekend was when everything would come together, and everyone would come together, the results were unknown of how this mixture would set.

That's all that was on Idina's mind as they pulled up to the white and brick house. It was a quaint place at first glance, looked lovely for raising three sons and a daughter, it had housed all the memories of the Matthews family. Eric hadn't been back for a few months, he hadn't seen his parents in some time. He knew that within moments, they'd fall in love with Idina and Nicole like he had, well not exactly the way he had. The way he felt was different, different than what most people could feel. But, he knew they'd love the two in a similar way. That was all anyone could hope for, all anyone did. He knew they'd love his fiance and his future daughter. He loved them, and that meant his family would too.