the rainbow sighting

It isn't raining anymore. The bright sun is finally in sight, and Harry feels like it holds a certain symbolization. Without Jemma, his life has been like the rain; grey, miserable, meaningless. Now the rain has stopped, and he hopes that his misfortunes stop with it.

He feels like he is correct, as the day the rain stops is the day he gets to know of Jemma's divorce. It shouldn't make him feel so happy, but it does. It shouldn't give him hope that maybe he'll get her back, but it does. It shouldn't feel like a ray of sunshine in his life, but oh, it really does. He only hopes she feels the same way.

          It isn't raining anymore. The day is warm and sunny, and for the first time, Jemma is pleased. She is glad to finally have some light in her life, and she hopes that it continues to be this way. She now has control over her own life and she will never give that up again.

It's when the rain has stopped and the sun is out that she goes to meet Harry for the first time in years. She's both nervous and excited, but not scared. She's certain that he will understand her, because he has always been the only person who seemed to do so. Even if the world turns upside down, that one thing will never change.

          It isn't raining anymore. The storm has finally ended, making way for happier times, and both Harry and Jemma have never been as pleased. Their lives jumbled and mingled in this wild storm that never seemed to end. They met, they separated, and they met again. They hurt and they suffered, but those dreadful times are now over, they're sure of it.

The storm never lasts long. It surely arrives and complicates things, but sooner or later, it leaves with a lesson. The rainbow comes in sight soon afterwards, standing as a symbol of hope. Hope, for things to get better.

The storm is now gone, once and for all, and Harry and Jemma know that there are only better times in the road ahead.

          It isn't raining anymore, and Harry is not sure how to feel. The rain stood for many of the terrible things in his life, but the good ones as well. He met his Jemma for the first time on a rainy day. He started to fall for her for the first time on a rainy day. She started to fall for him, as well, for the first time on a rainy day.

He realizes that he doesn't really hate the rain, he supposes he never can. It doesn't bring him joy, but it doesn't bring him grief either. Over the years, the rain has gotten quite... comforting.

The rain would bring him memories of Jemma when she wasn't with him, and those memories were what kept him going. He wouldn't give those up for anything.

Harry secretly kept wishing that today, on the happiest day of his life, maybe the sky would shed its tears of joy. It was foolish, he knew, but he was no wiser than a fool. Everything about today was great; he was getting married to his Jemma at a small church in their hometown, surrounded by their closest friends and family – both their families, surprisingly. Yet he felt that maybe something was missing. Maybe if it... if it rained...

His silly thoughts came to a halt when she finally entered the altar, and something different happened to Harry. Their eyes locked, the air shifted, his breath hitched in his throat and he felt... enchanted. It all seemed so magical, but then she smiled while looking at him, and the nostalgia crept in. He got transported to that little classroom years ago, when she first entered wearing that cute polka dot dress with a matching headband, and a Hello Kitty backpack while he stared at her, astounded. Her lips curved into a sweet smile, and when she looked at him, he found himself smiling back. Suddenly there was a candy in his hand, and she stated in a soft, shy voice, "It's my birthday today." When he looked up at her again, they were in a crowded cafeteria, animatedly talking as friends. He kept saying stupid things but she didn't mind. Instead, she threw her head back and laughed.

They were in her house playing video games, but then her eyes dropped and he left without a word. He stopped in his tracks only to find his palms sweating and his girl in front of him, as he confessed his feelings. She accepted with a shy smile and those butterflies just wouldn't leave him alone.

Soon the clouds turned grey, and she cried as she walked away from him, leaving a hole in his heart. He cried as well, and then ran after her and apologized. She smiled, stood on her tip-toes, and left a light kiss on his lips. He smiled at her and she smiled back, and then they were in his couch, kissing. He tucked a strand of her hair behind her ears while she pulled his shirt, and his heart warmed up and he felt content.

It was then that he found himself outside his house, but there was no one there. He felt confused for a while, but when he turned around he found her running towards him. She jumped in his arms and they kissed and hugged and cried and held on to each other.

"This is not the end," he whispered, and he found himself back in the altar. Jemma Calburn was in front of him, and her smile only grew wider. He smiled back at her as he realized that he was able to hold on to his words, after all.

          To no one's surprise, Harry and Jemma's first child, Doug Calburn-Walloby's favorite season is the monsoon.