Chapter 11: That's my Freakin Wife.

Chapter 11:  

  "OK, OK! Stop!" I screamed, hopelessly giving in. It stopped.

   The scary will for death slowly subsided with the pain. The strange numbness that had centered the weak spots of my mind slithered away. It all unraveled like a foggy mist clearing from a forest when the buzzing stopped.

   "Get up," Raul's voice came all whispered, like he was testing a new microphone or something. Even though I felt like I wanted to shiver all over on the floor, I forced myself to do what he said. On shaky legs I stood. I didn't wait for him to tell me what else to do. With twitching hands and lungs finding it hard to breathe, I exited the room, ignoring the pull to stay with the helpless girl behind me.

   Raul D. Evil may be an idiot, but there was a reason why he was most wanted. When he wanted something, he would switch on his serious mode and go after it. And he had this strange aura when he gave people orders. It gave you the urge that you needed to do what he demanded.

   "The car," he guided, insistent that he needed to point that out.

   I forced myself to choke down the rude comment I wanted to tell him and instead silently got in and turned on the engine. Despite the situation, it made me relax a bit. My slick, black car had always been my pride. Sometimes, I'd imagine myself in one of those wild car chases down the highway and how it would feel. Probably pretty awesome.

   Wait one minute there.

   Just as I'd put my hands on the wheel, I took it away instinctively, like a bolt had hit me when I touched it. "I never brought my car," I hissed, remembering Jerry and I's silly ride on the bike.

   "I know, we did," he said. "Thought you would need it."

   I checked the details of the vehicle to make sure it was mine. It was my car. How in the world did they take it? And the keys, they were on my dresser, how did they get to the hole? If he- or his men- did sneak into my room, did anyone see them? Or worse, did they see- gulp- the witch-in-law?

   There were millions of questions in my mind, but I asked only the last one. "Did anyone see you?"

   "Nope," he replied, popping the 'p' at the end. "But someone seemed awfully mad in there. So much swearing with your name in it." He chuckled, obviously amused at the memory.

   Hmm, I guess Jerry isn't back yet, then. He wouldv'e managed to calm her if he'd arrived yet. But I couldv'e sworn it couldn't take that long to get to our house, even on a bike.

   Where are you, Jerry?

   "C'mon." Raul's voice snapped me out of it. "Drive."

   So I did. To dad's house. The boss.

   ***

   The Guest had a patrol stop before he could go home.

   Jerry parked his bike next to the train's subway. He descended the stairs toward the tunnel, meeting up with huge crowds of people waiting for their train. Pulling out his small circular device from his pocket, The Guest eyed it expectantly.

   A bright, red dot flashed furiously in the middle of the tracker. The Guest took a step closer to the railway, and the light flashed even more urgently.

   He was in the right place.

   Jerry had tasks that he couldn't neglect for long. Raul D. Evil was still working on getting his last piece of metal for world domination. Miami's facility could never be sure that the agents here could stop him. That's why they sent him- a plan B situation if they didn't already stop him.