23 || The Reasons To Hate

➟zane
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

"Zane Titanium! Zane Titanium!" My eyes opened slowly as the voice continued to whisper my name. "Meyendu, wake up!"

Outside my room, Nnamdi was peaking his head thought the sliding glass door that lead to the balcony outside. I blinked, thinking he wasn't there. I even rubbed my eyes, but still Amie was there. I sat up, swinging my legs over the side of the bed.

"Nnamdi?" I questioned, still squinting.

He opened the door wider and walked inside. "Good, I find the right room." He stepped closer towards me and I ran a hand down my face.

"What's up?" I asked.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "The ceiling...?"

I chuckled at his response. "No, I meant like why are you here," I replied.

"Oh, oh," Nnamdi said with a nod. "Nnenne wanted to see how our enyi is feeling."

"I'm fine," I said. "It's better now."

"Good, good," Nnamdi said. "My nnenne is happy with her work."

"Speaking of that," I said, sitting on the edge of the bed, "how did she fix me? Why did it hurt so bad?"

Nnamdi took his eyes towards Hazzy who was asleep in the bed we shared. But both Sam and Tommy were no where to be found, I wondered where they were. Nnamdi's mouth opened to speak, but then he closed it as if afraid of what he was going to say next.

"She is not a normal element," was all he said. Then, he turned his attention back towards Hazzy. "Who is she?" He asked slowly.

"Hazzy," I explained. "Tommy and Sam are out tonight, dunno where they are."

"Ah," he said with a smile, "more Alfatu!" He looked happy. I didn't know how he could be happy in the place we were in. "I am very glad we bumped into each other in that alleyway, Zane Titanium. Meeting Alfatu is very honorable. My father would be proud."

"Just Zane," I said. He wore a puzzled look. "My name isn't Zane Titanium. That's my full name. My name is just Zane." Nnamdi still wore a confused look. "Call me Zane, alright?"

"You are very confusing, Meyendu," Nnamdi said, sitting beside me on the bed. He smiled again, lighting up the room. It was a goofy smile that was contagious. I couldn't help but smile back. "Zane Titanium, there is a eneme I am attending tonight. You must come with Hazzy. It will be ezigbo oge, Zane Titanium."

My eyebrow furrowed. "What?"

"There will be a celebration," Nnamdi said, "a good time, it will be. We will take Unchendu as well."

I shook my head, still barely able to understand him. "Right, right. Let me just notify my prison guard and I'm sure she'll let us leave!" I threw my hands up in the air, still pissed that we were stuck here.

Nnamdia shrugged. "Well, I climbed up the window."

"And Tommy and Sam made it out alright." I jumped, turning towards the left. There, Hazzy was finally sitting up. "You guys are so loud," she grumbled, rubbing her eyes. "Who's this?" She asked, nodding towards Nnamdi. "He the guy you were talking about from the alley?" She had a slight smirk to her face.

"Yeah," I replied. "He's taking us to a party."

"A party!" She gleamed. "God! I've been waiting to get out of the hell hole for days!"

I smiled and so did Nnamdi. I wasn't sure if he knew exactly what she said, but nonetheless he still found it funny. "Unchendu! Very well to see you! I am Nnamdi and I take you and Meyendu to a celebration!" He clasped his hands together, a large smile on his face. He seemed excited.