Medusa {Oliver}

Austin sat there, wine buzzed, fidgeting with his silverware. I sat, flicking my finger over the tines of my fork, trying to steer my focus. He was watching me with intent eyes. My body was buzzing. The waiter set our plates in front of us, his eyes not budging.

"Thank you."

He muttered. I smiled at him. He excused himself and left us to our meals. I skewered a piece of pasta with my fork. He leaned forward, mouth resting against steepled hands. I set my fork down, my stomach turning rocky.

"You should be a poet."

I gave him a fleeting look. He returned a coy smile. His knee nudged mine under the table. My palms were starting to sweat. I rubbed them against my thighs.

"I just call them like I see 'em"

He cracked a wry grin. His brow wiggled up.

"Oh? Really?"

I could feel the flush creep up my neck. He reached over and took a fork full of my pasta. He never dropped my eyes.

"Let's go to Italy. Just you and I"

I slid my wine over to me, watching the maroon dregs slide down the glass.

"When?"

"After graduation."

I smiled very slightly.

"It would be nice."

His knee softly pressed into mine.

"Im serious."

I took a bite and he turned to his own food. I wasn't very hungry.

"Why did last night happen?"

He looked up at me.

"Because we both wanted it to?"

"No. Why. Why did you have me come over?"

"I missed you and I wanted to see you. I didn't plan on, well you know. It was just the way you were looking at me. Your eyes were so hot they smoldered. The way they look right now."

I looked deep into his hungry eyes.

"Why did you wait."

"I thought if I could quit you that eventually the side effects would go away. The love, the longing, the lusting but every day I saw you in those hallways, you were like the little devil on my shoulder begging me to sin. You are my heroin. If I can't have your high, I am suffering."

His face was serious, eyes wild with delight. I felt his fingers brush my knee, squeezing onto my leg. I felt that murk of warmth plume through my body. He was tantalizing to the core. He gave me a megawatt smile.

"Finish your lunch Oli."

I could feel it written on my face. He could undo me so quickly. I didn't know what to expect coming into last night. I didn't know how ready I was until I felt him over me, his presence looming. He was mystifying. His eyes were so primal, beautiful. The way his lips felt  on my skin was electrifying, his touch sending currents through every nerve. The way that he was lit up in the blue moonlight will never leave my mind. He was a god. A heavenly being walking this earth. He was powerful but so delicate. It hadn't hurt but one moment, and that was when he had fallen asleep and the sweat gleaming on his shoulders dried into his skin. The realness of the moment was fleeting me. I remember his throaty moans, his teeth nipping at my skin. I had left blazing pink marks over his back and shoulders, a keepsake. I wanted it again. And again. And again. I wanted him to own me. I picked up my fork and took small bites, gazing at him every chance I could. This tall dark man was the apogee of love in all degrees.

~*~*~*~

Our drive back into town was long. I found myself tucked near the seat, gently drifting off now and then. His hand was reached across, finding its place on my knee. The ditches were packed in white powder, glittering every now and then. I laid my hand over his.

"Can you stay with me tonight?"

I asked, gently stroking his fingers. He paused for a second.

"Well in the morning the house is going to be filled with people trying to finish things for tomorrow night. They'll get there pretty early and I wouldn't want to wake you."

"They why not my house?"

He looked at me, a shooting glance.

"I mean I can, I would just have to leave before you woke up."

I frowned.

"I want to wake up with you."

I whispered. He gave a small sigh.

"If you really want me too, you can stay over at my house. I promise I won't be loud getting up. And I'll make you breakfast. Does that sound alright?"

A smile quirked my mouth.

"I'll even take you to your house so you can get some clothes. Ok?"

I nodded.

We drove the rest of the way in a blissful silence.