Forgiven

Anabel's POV
I slide in the back door and make my way to my room.

"I'm going to grab a quick shower and then I'll make some dinner alright Luna?"

"That sounds great but about but what about Adrien?"

"What about him?" I ask with a sour face.

"You really need to talk to him."

"Are you still on that? You saw what he did today! How could I forgive him?"

"Maybe he was set up, you don't know the full story."

"I gave him a chance and he broke my heart. Why should I let him do it again?"

I ignore Luna's futile attempts to protect Adrien and grab a quick shower. After I grab some cozy pjs I head downstairs to start making dinner.

I throw together some pasta and garlic bread. I make a small plate for Luna and then start eating.

I'm halfway through my meal when I knock at the door. I wonder who that could be? I really hope it's not Adrien.

I get up to check it but they open the door before I can get there.

"OMG! Did you hear about the akumatized victim today? It was one of our own classmates."

Good it's just Alya and... Marinette? Somethings off she isn't acting right.

"Oh no, I've been in my room since what happened earlier. Who was it?" I ask even though I know the whole story. I hate lying but it's safer this way.

"It was that new girl Lila. She's been hanging around Adrien because she thinks that since they're both like models that they're perfect for each other."

"Is she the one I saw this morning with Adrien?"

"Fraid so."

"What's wrong with Marinette?"

"I don't know she's been acting funny since school."

"Hahaha..." Marinette laughs nervously. "What are you guys talking about? I'm fine."

"Marinette you haven't said a word since we got here."

"That's just because I'm thirsty and my throat hurts."

I raise my brow questionly.

"Okay, okay, Nathaniel and I have been having some problems."

"What kind of problems?" I ask.

"He wants me to meet his parents but I'm scared."

"What is there to be scared of?" Alya questions.

"Yeah it's not like his father is a controlling jerk who spends no time with his daughter and loves his work more than her." They both give me a look. "sorry..."

"It's just that he's my first boyfriend and I'm nervous."

"Marinette look at me. His parents will love you. You want to know why? Because you are the sweetest, bravest, most kindest girl I've ever met." I say with a reassuring smile.

"Thanks Anabel it's just, I don't know, I just don't want to mess it up."

"You know what I think this calls for?" I ask with a devious smirk. "A slumber party!"

"Are you crazy it's a school night!" Marinette exclaims.

"Who's going to yell at me? My dad?"

"I'm in." Alya says with a nod.

"I don't know you guys."

"Come on Marinette you need this as much as I do." I say with a groan.

"I'll go grab my sleeping bag!" Alya says with a grin."

We both look at Marinette awaiting her response.

She gives a devious smirk "I'll go grab my slippers!"

I begin cleaning up from my dinner. As I'm finishing up the doorbell goes off. I laughed and then go run to answer it thinking it's the girls.

"Wow, you guys were quic.." I stop midsentence and then narrow my eyes. " I don't think your girlfriend world be happy if she found out that you were visiting other girls at night."

"I came to tell you what happened today was a misun-"

"Listen Adrien I understand if you like her I just wish you would have told me that you didn't lik-"

"I don't like her! and she's not my girlfriend. Listen today she ambushed me. I was in the library studying for the English test when she came up and started kissing me I was shocked and didn't have time to push her off. Please believe me you're the only girl I have feelings for"

He looked at me with so much regret and hope. His emerald eyes held so much emotion that I couldn't say no.

"Okay, I believe you but Alya and Marinette are coming over for a slumber party so I gotta go."

His eyes lit up.

"Thank you, thank you so much! I won't mess it up this time."

"Mess what up?"

"This" and then he leans forward and cradles my head giving me a long passionate kiss. When we pull away I take a deep breath in attempt to refill my lungs with oxygen again.

I smile "and what does this mean?"

"It means I want you to be my girlfriend."

"I think I might just say yes." I say with a playful smile. I lean in to give him another quick kiss goodnight but Alya's cat call grabs my attention. Crap.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow." he gives me a quick smile and starts to head home.

"Wow, a lot must have happened while we were gone." Alya says with a smirk on her face.

"Yaaa you could say that we have made up."

"I would say. Marinette says with a giggle.

"Now then, let's get this summer party into action!"