Try Kissing

Title: Try Kissing

Author: alex_g4skarth

[ http://alex_g4skarth.livejournal.com ]

Pairing: Jalex

Rating: NC-17

Warnings: Slight smut

P.O.V: Third Person

Summary: They met like all good couples do...

_________________________________

They met like all good couples do.

At the coloring table the second day of kindergarten.

Jack was the class brat.

Alex was the class sweetheart.

Jack wanted the red marker.

Alex was using it but he let him have it because... that was just how he was.

Jack smiled at him and decided that they should play together.

Alex agreed.

They were inseparable since.

--

Except for one time.

The sandbox was crowded that day but they managed to find a corner all to themselves because they were best friends and didn't like to play with the other children unless they had to.

The other children did not find this amusing.

One mean kid, named Zack kept saying that Alex was a freak and weird and a momma's boy and the absolute worst of all, a boy lover.

And Alex, outraged, confused, annoyed, and ashamed promptly reached out and yanked on Jack's hair. To prove that he was not a boy lover.

Jack was silent for a few tense moments before he burst into tears and ran off to tell the teacher on Alex. He got put into timeout and even when he got out, Jack wouldn't talk to him for the rest of the day.

The next morning he forgave Alex because he brought an extra peanut butter and jelly sandwich for the younger boy.

--

Jack didn't meet Tom, Alex’s older brother, for almost a year after he met Alex and became instant best friends with him.

Usually, Jack went to his house after school and on the weekends. Alex’s house was closer to the school and his parents didn't feel comfortable with just Jack's nanny watching them, despite assurances that the woman was fully capable of handling two six year olds.

Of the three whole times he'd been allowed to go to Jack's house, Tom was at college.

Tom was back from college now for a week and he decided that he hadn't spent enough time with his little brother and missing one afternoon of school wouldn't hurt him.

Alex was ecstatic until he saw Jack. He was sad because he would have to be by himself for a whole afternoon. Somber now, Alex went to Tom and begged his brother to take Jack out of school with them.

Tom called Jack's parents and after three and a half minutes of conversation--he really was going to make a great lawyer--he smiled at Alex and told him to go get Jack.

The three of them played tag in Central Park for hours.

--

On the first day of middle school, Jack didn't stop crying. It wasn't fair that Alex got to go the rich school with it's fancy architecture and it's cute uniforms and it's superior teachers and it's nicer everything while he was stuck going to public school.