Musing

Hello, everyone! I'm supposed to write this essay for school. It has to be about situational irony, and literature. Well, with a little bit of rulebending, I have the rights to write this! So now, I'm going to write an essay that I'll (heck, yea!) use in FFN! I give you, "A Name for Ourselves". Be warned, though! This has lots of mentions of murder and heavy spoilers for Episode 5 and Minecraft: Ocelot Mode (a story I'll be publishing soon for Wattpad. You can check it out on FFN, but it's getting a rewrite)Hit it, Crisper!

Crisper: But isn't this a school-assignment? Am I allowed to hit it?

Me: Let me see. Rules: No biting, no cheating, no lying, no eating folks... Yep! You're clear!

Crisper: Okay! (hits it)

PS: WARNING! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR MINECRAFT: OCELOT MODE AND MC:SM EPISODE 5! ALSO, FEELZ! WATCH OUT FOR THE FEELS AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SPOIL MINECRAFT: OCELOT MODE OR MC:SM EPISODE 5, RUN VERY FAR AWAY!

PPS: This first part is to be read in Aiden's POV. It's like an autobiography.

So, I'll start from the beginning. Even up till now, my life hadn't been the best one. I'm not about to get into that. I'm only allowed a book's worth sheets of paper, and my writings have to get checked by guards, y'know, to avoid any "escape plans" or things like that. Not only am I limited as far as resources, I also don't want them to know about my personal past. At least not while I'm stuck here. It's amazing that I still want to write, though, despite someone reading over my every word as I write. Maybe I'm just that bored. No, desperate is probably a better word.

But let's not get too into that.

I started hanging out with Lukas a few years back before all of... this. I really liked him. He appreciated me... or so I thought. But as much of a jerk he turned out to be, we had some good times. Then along came another guy, Gill. I wasn't exactly sure why Lukas let Gill tag along, and I wasn't too fond of him at first. He was... loud. But I don't regret Lukas's choice. He's a great friend now, as is Maya. They're my only friends.

Maya came along much later. Now I was more than ready to let her join the gang, for some... interesting reasons... but it was only much later when I developed actual reasons to like her.

So there we were: The Ocelots.

We weren't much different, but if we bonded anyhow, it was definitely through building. That's also the reason Lukas was our leader. He made the ideas, we made them happen.

I liked it. We were at the top, but I guess I was a bit too at the top of things. Long story short, I saw everyone as competition. So when Jesse and his friends came along, man, I let them have it. They became like my own personal woodstack. When my day wasn't going well, I'd flame them. It became a common practice. Lukas didn't like it much. It was one of the big things we didn't have in common with Lukas, 'we' being Gill, Maya and me.

And along came the Witherstorm. We didn't quite survive, though we held out for a good little time before everything really went to hell in a handbasket.

While Maya, Gill and I were still wandering away from that Witherstorm, we realized just how much we missed that guy. He was pretty much the only thing holding us together, even with the way I treated Jesse and his friends like dirt. We swore that if we found Lukas we'd never let him go again. And later, we all died. We got sucked into that thing.

I swear, I still have nightmares. It was so darn horrifying in that thing. It was dark, painful, I couldn't breathe. It was like being in hell. I couldn't remember it after Jesse saved everyone from it, but the day that memory came rushing back I was never the same emotionally.