.09

Calum

I slowly opened my eyes, my vision getting less and less blurry the more I blinked my eyes. All I saw was a white room, with a small TV attached to the wall and a large window to my right. I tried to breathe, but it still hurt a little bit.

"Calum.." I heard a familiar voice say.

I slowly turned my head and saw Ashton in the doorway.

"You're awake." He said, walking over to me and taking my hand, sitting in the chair next to the hospital bed.

"M-My side hurts." I whispered.

"I know, beautiful, you broke a rib and that rib cut your lung and caused it to fill up with blood. You're gonna be okay though, I promise." He said, kissing my knuckles.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure he never messes with you again, you have to worry about him anymore." He said, looking at me.

I nodded slowly, still a bit drowsy from the drûgs they gave me. "I-I wanna go home.." I said.

"They want to make sure that you're okay to go home first, them I'll take you home and I'll keep an eye on you." He said, playing with my fingers.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "You don't have to do that, Ashton."

"But I want to, I wanna make sure you're okay. Plus, you're not really suppose to do a lot of movement, since you do have a broken rib and a slightly damaged lung." He said.

"I don't want to be a bother to you." I said softly.

"Nonsense, you're never a bother to me, beautiful." He said, kissing my cheek, making me blush.

"What will I do about work and college?" I asked.

"The doctors made sure to write you a doctor's note, saying you're allowed to stay out of work and college for two weeks."

I frowned. "That's two weeks of notes I'll have to make up." I said.

"If it makes you feel better, I'll call and ask your teacher to email the notes for you." Ashton said, kissing my knuckles again.

"Why do you do that?" I asked.

"Do what?"

"Kiss my hands and cheek all the time."

He chuckled. "Because I like the way your skin feels against my lips." He smiled. "It's soothing to me."

I blushed and looked down at our hands intertwined with each other. Our hands did fit perfectly together, I will admit that.

Suddenly, a nurse came in, looking cheerful. How in the hell can anyone be cheerful in a damn hospital?

"Hey there, Mr. Hood, I'm here to say that you're able to go home. Here's a list for how to dress the bandages and whatnot. Also, the doctor gave you some prescription pills for the pain and for sleep, since it's gonna be a bit impossible to sleep with a broken rib." She said, starting to take the IV out of my hand, which hurt like a motherfucker.

Soon the nurse left, leaving me to get dressed, or at least try to dress myself, but I couldn't without a sharp pain jolting through my side.

"Here, let me help you." Ashton said. "It'll make it a lot more quicker and painless."

As much as I hated the thought of someone else putting my clothes on for me, I had no choice, or else I'll be here putting my clothes on for the next half hour.

"Put your arms up as high as you can." He said, "the clothes you had on are kinda cut up and a bit bloody, so I brought managed to got in my car and dig up some clothes for you."

I did as told and let him put the shirt on me, even though the pain in my side kept sneaking up and making me wince.

"Sorry." He said softly. "I'm doing this as quickly as possible, I'm promise."

I didn't have any boxers on, since they cut those off as well, so I made Ashton close his eyes while putting the sweatpants on me.

"Don't peek." I said worriedly.

"I'm not." He chuckled, pulling the sweatpants up.

Lastly, he let me wear his jacket, since it was a bit cold outside.

"You're gonna get cold." I said, starting to take it off.

He stopped me, taking my hands. "I'm more worried about you being cold, keep it on." He said.

I bit my lip and just continued carefully walking out of the hospital, Ashton helping me along the way. Once we got to his car, he made sure I was comfortable and the seatbelt wasn't digging into my side too much.

"You okay?" He asked.

I nodded and laid my head back on the head rest, closing my eyes.

I heard him get in on the other side, then turn the engine on, quickly driving out of the parking lot and in the direction of my home.

~~~~~~~~

When we got to my apartment, Ashton carried me bridal-style up the stairs and to my apartment door. I unlocked the door and opened out, quickly being welcomed by Princess.

"No, girl, no jumping." I said, wincing a bit.

I saw Ashton pick her up and rub her belly. "Go sit, I'll get us some food."

I nodded and slowly walked to the living and slowly sat on the couch. I was still tired and drowsy from the meds they gave me, but I forced myself to fight it.

A few minutes later, Ashton comes in and sits next to me. "I ordered us some Chinese food, I hope that's okay."

I nodded. "That's fine."

He smiled and wrapped an arm around me. "You still look beautiful to me." He said, playing with my hair.

I blushed and looked away, staring at my hands. But then, I felt him use his index finger, turning my head to look at him.

"Too bad we couldn't go to the carnival today, it wouldn't been super fun."

I smiled. "I know."

He smiled and ran this thumb over my cheek. "You have beautiful eyes, they're so big and brown."

I adjust my glasses. "Thank you, Ashton."

He licked his lip and started to lean in, and soon I started to do the same. But before our lips could even touch, Ashton's phone started ringing.

I heard him groan and rip the phone out of his pocket and answered it.

"This better be important....oh my god, what does she want?....no fucking way! I wore a condom every single time with her....it's not mine!....well she's a fûcking liar!....I'll be there in twenty minutes, this is getting ridiculous!" He ended the phone call and looked at me.

"I have to go, but I promise you, I'll be back." He said, starting to stand up. "I'll leave some money for the Chinese food, okay? Don't eat it without me." He added, before kissing my cheek.

And within seconds, he was out the door.

I wonder what the phone call was about, it sounded important.

I did end up getting the Chinese food, and I did wait for him, but minutes soon turned into hours, and I couldn't wait any longer. I did end up eating the Chinese food by myself, and maybe I was a little upset that he didn't come back tonight.

But only a little.

--------------------

I have some plans for this story, I hope you're liking it so far.

Comment and vote!

-Apryle ❤️