9

Hello, thanks for reading
Sorry for the late update I've been busy
... :)

Jacob POV:
"You did well today and so I'm promoting you to become my personal assistant." I said as we entered the car back to the office.
"Thank you for your kindness Jacob. You won't regret it." She said smoothly.
I nodded my head curtly and smiled because I knew she would regret it. "So for the party on Friday, I except you to dress in a nice dinner gown and make sure its a dark colored gown preferably black."
I turned to look out the window as I saw the first drop of rain splatter against the window.
"Do you know Adam?." She froze visibly.
"No."
I nodded "He used to be a good man. He betrayed all of us. Especially me. We were four best buddies and he took our girlfriends and my fiancee but we are on good terms now. He used all of us including the girls. Stay clear of him, he's not good with women."
"I will."
"So be ready at 7pm I'll come pick you up."
"Sure I will."

Paula's POV:
I couldn't believe what Jacob just told me. I had slept with an engaged man if not married.
I felt like he has been trying to confirm something since he called me to his office earlier. Part of me felt as if he was lying but I had reasons to doubt that.

After all, Adam is a handsome guy and has a stable job why wouldn't he be married.
No wonder he talked to me like we had never met.

I knew I had to confront him at that party and I had to do it secretly, not just because of Jacob but also his wife.
I couldn't afford to loose my job and also destroy a marriage.

Hey!!!
Thanks for reading... Its a short chapter but the next wouldn't be this short...
Vote or comment its much appreciated
:)
debb_bae this Chapter is for you...
A huge thank you 👏👏👏 to all my readers 😘.